Inspired by Alaska’s famous Iditarod dog sled race, Kidarod East is a two-mile adventure race for kids and families ready to show winter who's boss!
In partnership with Dakota County Parks and The Great Northern Festival, Kidarod East race combines hiking, climbing, pulling, and sliding around winter obstacles with custom swag and medals for participants.
360 Butler Ave E
West St Paul, MN 55118
What to Expect
Adventure is more fun when you come prepared!
Multi-Racer Discounts are applied at checkout.
- 1 racer – $37/per
- 2 racers – $33.30/per
- 3 racers – $31.45/per
ALL racers must be registered, including grown-ups.
- Kids Ages 5-6 – Racing with registered partner age 13+
- Kids Ages 7-17 – Racing solo, or with other registered kid(s) and/or adults
- Adults – Racing with kids ages 5–17 (all must be registered)
Choose your start time between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Please arrive 15 minutes before your confirmed registration start time.
Day and night "glow racing" options available. Please arrive 15 minutes before your confirmed registration start time.
- Night "Glow Racing" – Friday, 2/17/2023
Choose your start time between 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. *
- Day – Saturday, 2/18/2023
Choose your start time between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
* Headlamps are provided for night sessions.
Aside from a great time and bragging rights that you completed the event, you'll get ...
- Challenging course with 15 kid-friendly obstacles for an epic adventure
- Opportunity to meet real husky sled dogs
- Kidarod swag
- Finisher's medal
Everyone's times will vary - we encourage you to experience it at a pace that will uplift and challenge you! The average times to complete the course are listed below.
- Runners – 20 to 30 Minutes
- Hikers – 30 to 45 Minutes