The Y Child Care Team continues to plan for educational and enriching flexible school age care options while taking mindful steps and getting guidance from government, health and education officials. As always, our goal is to provide incredible school age programs that offer safe and healthy ways for kids to learn, grow and thrive.
The last day of distance learning care at this location is Friday, January 29, 2021.
Please see below for most updated information on our full-day distance learning care program.
The YMCA will provide flexible, full-day school age care with distance learning support. If your family is planning to do all or part of school via distance learning, the Y is here to offer convenient and consistent support during the school day.
This full-day distance learning program offers:
- A safe space where Y team members support students completing distance learning.
- This program does not include teaching a curriculum, but does include caring adults that are available to help kids stay on track during the day.
- We will operate at a ratio of 1 staff person per 15 kids to continue to maintain our best social distancing, cleaning procedures, and health practices.
- Please note that a minimum number of participants is needed to run programming.
- Flexible 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 day options.
Child care provided by the Y is more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development by providing a safe place to learn and develop healthy, trusting relationships.
What to Bring
- Electronic devices and any educational materials needed for distance learning
- Lunch and snack
- Water bottle
- Face mask
12301 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Registration Form PDF
Monday - Friday
- 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A “session” is defined as one full-day of care that costs $40 per child.
Child Care Assistance Programs
For those families receiving assistance through the county or other agency, a current Authorization of Service must be on file with our Customer Service Center before fees may be billed to County/Third Party/Agency.
Include this information on your registration form.
Fees, Billing and Information
- A $10 convenience fee will be charged for any registrations made after one week in advance.
- Session Fees are paid by EFT on Tuesday, the week prior to each week of care.
- Changes and cancellations must be made by Monday, one week prior to care. Submit your request online.
- If you are in need of financial assistance through the YMCA. Learn more and apply online.
- For program questions, call 612-230-9622 or contact us online. Registration cannot be done by phone.