Four years ago, the YMCA of the North launched a $225 million Forward for All Campaign. At the YMCA, we know that solving the complex challenges people face takes bold work, especially in the unsettling and uncertain times we are facing. That’s why we relentlessly pursue new ways to build thriving communities that will last for generations. We push what’s possible, challenge limits and open doors so everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed.
The community stepped up to support the first four years of the campaign, demonstrating a deep understanding of the needs of the people we serve and the disparities and inequities we must address. The investment of many generous donors and funders signaled strong support for our mission to relentlessly pursue new ways to build thriving communities that will last for generations.
As we move Forward for All, we at the YMCA of the North thank you for being with us on this journey. Your generosity makes our communities stronger for all and we could not do this work without you.
We are excited to share our current progress, along with our key priorities in the final push of our bold campaign.
Progress To Date
The campaign provided funding for:
- Douglas Dayton YMCA, a hub in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and the home of the YMCA’s new UnitedHealth Group Equity Innovation Center
- Camp Northern Lights, a beautiful new family camp 10 miles outside of Ely, on the edge of Superior National Forest
- Stable Homes Stable Schools, a pioneering partnership that helps families build economic opportunity
- Expansion of the Beacons program to serve all of Richfield
- Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Get Summer! program where 200 high school youth from each YMCA received training in leadership and healthy living
- George Wellbeing Center, a healing space located in the Douglas Dayton Y which offers highly trained providers to address, prevent or manage chronic health symptoms, along with coaching in health and wellbeing, massage and bodywork, acupuncture, and sessions in meditation, mindfulness, nutrition and movement
- COVID-19 response community hubs offering childcare for frontline workers, food distribution, and over 92,000 wellness checks with ForeverWell senior participants
The final year of the campaign will provide funding for key priorities to fulfill the YMCA’s Forward for All promise to the community:
- A new Y outdoor adventure destination to include Day Camp Kici Yapi operations, year-round horse programs, a high-ropes adventure course, beautiful hiking trails, an outdoor community pool, retreat space and much more
- The Center for Youth Voice and Equity Leadership Experiences to encourage more young people to become changemakers and to build a more diverse and equitable pipeline of leaders
- Equity Nature Initiative to help all youth access outdoor and camping experiences
- The roll out of integrative health programs developed in the George Wellbeing Center to all YMCAs in the region
- A new year-round lodge, dining and wellbeing center at Camp Northern Lights to support gatherings, community meals, programs and wellness opportunities for both camper families and local north woods communities
- An investment in our community through endowment and estate gifts to create a future where all can thrive.
Join the Forward for All Campaign
Help strengthen the YMCA of the North's people, places and programs with a gift to the Forward for All Campaign.