If you missed LAUNCH or you want more clarification about what your role will be at the conference, check out the corresponding curriculum document for your program area below:
Dress Code and Packing Guidelines
These are rough guidelines and are not exhaustive. See your delegation director and/or the Code of Conduct for advice and a more complete list.
What to Bring
- Proper clothing (see below)
- Food (can bring coolers and snacks for room – especially breakfast foods)
- Money for meals and swag
- Meals average about $10 at the Skyway and Suburban Avenue restaurants
- Swag is available and ranges from a few dollars for knick knacks to $40-$50 for YIG sweatshirts, etc.
- Program Materials (copies of written materials produced, research materials)
What Not to Bring/What Not to Do
- Large amounts of money
- Expensive jewelry, etc.
- TV-based video game systems (can damage hotel TVs)
- Portable Speakers
- Delegates cannot drive their own cars
Examples of Appropriate Attire for Program Hours (Meetings and Assemblies)
- Collared dress shirt (including button-downs, blouses or polos)
- Sweaters, suit vests, suit coat, blazers, ties
- Dress pants (including khakis), dresses, skirts, belts, suspenders
- Dress shoes are required to be worn all day – flat shoes/low heels are good choices
- Hems of dresses/skirts must be 2 inches above the knee or lower for all functions – business or casual.
- Denim, in any form, is not considered part of professional attire.
- Cultural or religious dress fits within dress code standards; appropriation of cultural dress is not permitted.
- Undergarments must be worn. Visible undergarments are not permitted.
- Hats are only permitted in outdoor settings.
- Pay attention to conditions – dress for Minnesota weather, transportation and terrain, including coats and footwear.
Examples of Appropriate Casual Attire (Evening Activities, etc.)
- T-shirts, sweatshirts
- Jeans, corduroys, shorts
- Tennis shoes, sandals, most closed-toe footwear
Never Appropriate for Any Delegate/Advisor at Anytime
- Any clothing with inappropriate language or imagery
- Any see-through, low cut or extremely tight-fitting clothing
- Tube tops or bare midriffs
- Pajamas or any other sleeping attire
- Slippers or bare feet