Program Area Info Packets
If you missed LAUNCH or you want more clarification about what your role will be at the conference, check out the corresponding curriculum document for your program area below:
Dress Code and Packing Guidelines
These are rough guidelines and are not exhaustive. See your delegation director and/or the Code of Conduct for advice and a more complete list.
What to Bring
- Proper clothing (see below)
- Food (can bring coolers and snacks for room – especially breakfast foods)
- Money for meals and swag
- Meals average about $10 at the Skyway and Suburban Avenue restaurants
- Swag is available and ranges from a few dollars for knick knacks to $40-$50 for YIG sweatshirts, etc.
- Program Materials (copies of written materials produced, research materials)
What Not to Bring/What Not to Do
- Large amounts of money
- Expensive jewelry, etc.
- TV-based video game systems (can damage hotel TVs)
- Portable Speakers
- Delegates cannot drive their own cars
Examples of Appropriate Attire for Program Hours (Meetings and Assemblies)
- Collared dress shirt (including button-downs, blouses or polos)
- Sweaters, suit vests, suit coat, blazers, ties
- Dress pants (including khakis), dresses, skirts, belts, suspenders
- Dress shoes are required to be worn all day – flat shoes/low heels are good choices
- Hems of dresses/skirts must be 2 inches above the knee or lower for all functions – business or casual.
- Denim, in any form, is not considered part of professional attire.
- Cultural or religious dress fits within dress code standards; appropriation of cultural dress is not permitted.
- Undergarments must be worn. Visible undergarments are not permitted.
- Hats are only permitted in outdoor settings.
- Pay attention to conditions – dress for Minnesota weather, transportation and terrain, including coats and footwear.
Examples of Appropriate Casual Attire (Evening Activities, etc.)
- T-shirts, sweatshirts
- Jeans, corduroys, shorts
- Tennis shoes, sandals, most closed-toe footwear
Never Appropriate for Any Delegate/Advisor at Anytime
- Any clothing with inappropriate language or imagery
- Any see-through, low cut or extremely tight-fitting clothing
- Tube tops or bare midriffs
- Pajamas or any other sleeping attire
- Slippers or bare feet