Youth Sports Leagues & Classes
Health and Safety in COVID-19 Updated March 14, 2022
To ensure the health and safety of our sport participants, spectators and staff members, we have made updates to some of our COVID-19 health and safety procedures. Please review the following information so you can be best prepared!
What to Bring when participating in YMCA Sports:
- Photo ID
- Masks are optional and recommended for those who are unvaccinated.
- Water Bottle (with name clearly marked on it)
- Game Shoes – Gym Shoes or Cleats
- Sport Uniform – Jersey/T-shirt and Black Shorts/pants
- Any Additional Sports Equipment
Spectators at Games
Outlined below are those requirements for games, scrimmages and competitions:
- Masks are not required but recommended for those who are unvaccinated.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to come dressed to play upon arrival.
- Participants are asked to avoid arriving to their sports event no more than 10 minutes before the start time to avoid overcrowding.
- Participants are to check in with their sport coach if there are any questions or concerns.
- If a participant is experiencing any symptoms of illness, and the parent or guardian is present, they will be asked to take them home immediately.
- If a participant is experiencing symptoms of illness, and the parent or guardian is not on the premise, the participant will be distanced with the aid of a sport coach or staff member until their parent or guardian is able to pick them up.
- For all sport coaches, volunteers and referees, masks are optional
The Y considers the individual needs of every person and the ability of the program to meet those needs. Please inform the Y during the enrollment process if you or a family member requires any special accommodation. This information enables the Y to better meet your needs or those of a family member, within available resources and to the extent reasonable. All staff that will be working with you or a family member with special needs will be informed of how to care for or meet those needs.
Please contact your regional Senior Sports Director for any questions or concerns regarding YMCA of the North Sports Department COVID-19 policies and procedures.