Youth Sports Leagues & Classes
Health and Safety in COVID-19 Updated September 27, 2021
To ensure the health and safety of our sport participants, spectators and staff members, we have made updates to some of our COVID-19 health and safety procedures. Please review the following information so you can be best prepared!
What to Bring when participating in YMCA Sports:
- Photo ID
- Masks are not required for those who are vaccinated and strongly recommended for those who are unvaccinated.
- Water Bottle (with name clearly marked on it)
- Game Shoes – Gym Shoes or Cleats
- Sport Uniform – Jersey/T-shirt and Black Shorts/pants
- Any Additional Sports Equipment
Spectators at Games
Outlined below are those requirements for games, scrimmages and competitions:
- Masks are not required for those who are vaccinated and strongly recommended for those who are unvaccinated. Hand sanitizer is available in common areas.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to come dressed to play upon arrival. Masks are not required outdoors.
- Participants are asked to avoid arriving to their sports event no more than 10 minutes before the start time to avoid overcrowding.
- Participants may be asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering into an indoor gymnasium or using any sports equipment
- Participants are to check in with their sport coach if there are any questions or concerns.
- Participants will be asked to monitor their health throughout their activity and immediately report any sign of symptoms to their sport coach or staff member
- If a participant is experiencing any symptoms of COVID, and the parent or guardian is present, they will be asked to take them home immediately.
- If a participant is experiencing symptoms of COVID, and the parent or guardian is not on the premise, the participant will be isolated with the aid of a sport coach or staff member until their parent or guardian is able to pick them up and the “Process for Reporting and Responding to a Confirmed COVID-19 Case” will be activated
- For sport coaches and referees, masks are required.
- Sport coaches will discourage any intentional or non-competitive contact that is unrelated to direct play (i.e. high fives, handshakes, team huddles, etc.)
The Y considers the individual needs of every person and the ability of the program to meet those needs. Please inform the Y during the enrollment process if you or a family member requires any special accommodation. This information enables the Y to better meet your needs or those of a family member, within available resources and to the extent reasonable. All staff that will be working with you or a family member with special needs will be informed of how to care for or meet those needs.
Please contact your regional Senior Sports Director for any questions or concerns regarding YMCA of the North Sports Department COVID-19 policies and procedures.