The Andover YMCA is expanding and improving with a renovation project to better serve our community. Here’s a look at what’s happening and what you can expect.
New and updated spaces
- Adding a new gym for basketball, volleyball, pickleball, youth sports and more
- Adding two new studios for more Group Exercise classes—including one focused primarily on indoor cycling and one focused on yoga and meditation
- Adding a new outdoor playground
- Adding an elevator
- Expanding the Fitness Center to include a dedicated area for Group Training and eGym, a cutting-edge fitness equipment circuit for strength training
- Creating dedicated spaces for more youth and ForeverWell programming in partnership with the City of Andover
- Repurposing the Kids’ Stuff to a new community room for added program space for birthday parties, parents’ nights out, arts and humanity programs and meeting room space
- Adding a new 3,000 sf Kids Stuff area
- Creating a new look for the lobby , including turnstiles to create more efficient check-in
Check out floorplans to get a sense of the updated space.
Check out the latest construction photos.
- Lobby and Reception: Demolition on the existing lobby has started, making way for an improved member experience. When the lobby is finished, there will new finishes on the floor and ceiling, a new front desk and turnstiles with card scanners to create a more efficient check-in for your visit.
- Gym: This new space has been constructed, and the cement for the flooring foundation has been poured. When it opens, there will over 6,000 square feet of space for basketball, pickleball and other favorite games and activities.
- New Studios: The existing strength space has been converted to two new studios. One being a mind-body studio for meditation and yoga, and the second a dedicated cycle-studio.
- Cardio Equipment Area: The previous roof has been removed and the new cardio space has been enclosed, allowing for additional equipment to help you complete your best work out.
- Kids Stuff: When it opens, the new, expanded Kids Stuff will be 3,500 square feet and filled with educational games, toys, activities and books - plus a connected outdoor playground to keep kids engaged while you work out.
- Elevator: The shaft for the elevator has been built and we are awaiting delivery of the elevator equipment in late-May for installation. This new elevator will provide you a more convenient option to reach all areas of our facility.