Dress Code and Packing Suggestions
These guidelines are not exhaustive. Talk to your delegation director and/or review the Code of Conduct for more details.
What to Bring to the Conference
- Appropriate clothing (see below)
- Food (can bring coolers and snacks for room – especially breakfast foods)
- Money for meals and swag
- Meals average about $10 at restaurants near the Capitol building
- Swag is available; the cost of items range from a few dollars to $40-$50 for YIG sweatshirts, etc.
- Program materials (copies of written materials produced, research materials)
What Not to Bring/What Not to Do
- Large amounts of money
- Expensive jewelry, etc.
- TV-based video game systems
- Portable Speakers
- Delegates cannot drive their own cars
Examples of Appropriate Attire for Program Hours (Meetings and Assemblies)
- Collared dress shirt (including button-downs, blouses or polos)
- Sweaters, suit vests, suit coat, blazers, ties
- Dress pants (including khakis), dresses, skirts, belts, suspenders
- Dress shoes are required to be worn all day – flat shoes/low heels are good choices
Examples of Appropriate Casual Attire (Evening Activities, etc.)
- T-shirts, sweatshirts
- Jeans, corduroys, shorts
- Tennis shoes, sandals, most closed-toe footwear