Registering for a Widji Trip
Open / Non-Invitational trip Registration
No invitations required.
Opens: December 14 at 6 am CST
Closes: 1 week before session start date.
For all new or returning campers.
Invitational/Advanced Trip Registration
*Invitations sent mid-November via email.
Opens: November 28 at 6 am CST
Closes: December 8 at 5 pm CST
For campers who have been invited for an Explorer, Advanced Explorer, or Arctic (Voyageur & Mountaineer) trip. For more on advanced trips see:
*If you do not receive an invitation by November 18 and believe your camper should be considered, please reach out to Info@widji.org. Sometimes campers do not receive an invitation due to change of contact information or extenuating circumstances.
How To Register
- Campers can register online or by submitting a paper registration form.
- Register based on the campers grade they are entering in the fall. For example, a 10th grader registering for an Explorer trip should enter 11th grade in our system.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 for is due at the time of registration. There is a $500 deposit for Voyageur Canoe and Mountaineer Backpack trips, due to the significant preparation that these trips require before campers arrive at camp.
Group-Making and Friend Requests
The connections formed in our groups of 4 to 6 campers are one of the most unique and celebrated aspects our trips. We highly encourage campers to come ready to make new friends. We also understand that some campers feel more comfortable coming to camp with a friend. We can honor friend requests under these circumstances only:
- Friend requests must be mutual. Both campers must request each other.
- Campers Friend requesting each other register for the same session.
- Campers are not siblings.
- There are two open spots open for a pair campers making a friend request. We are not able to open additional spots to accommodate a friend request.
- Campers are not registering for an advanced trip.
Widji offers single gender and all gender trips at most trip levels. When registering you can select from four options (female, non-binary, male or “options do not reflect me.”) to see available sessions in that gender criteria. Here is how we place campers into groups in regard to gender:
- Male programs: open to campers who are Male, Non-Binary, or Options Do Not Reflect Me
- Female programs: open to campers who are Female, Non-Binary, or Options Do Not Reflect Me
- All Gender programs: open to all campers.
Payments can be made by check, cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
Trip fees are due in 4 installments:
- February 15
- March 15
- April 15
- May 15
Registrations after May 15 require full payment. Balances not paid by May 15 may result in forfeiture of registration along with the deposit.
Y of the North offers alternate payment plans for families who would like to spread payment out over a longer period. Please contact the Customer Service Center when registering for our payment plan policy and to establish a payment plan.
Popular Sessions and Waitlists
Campers will be registered for whichever session they select and should not list multiple choices when they register. Campers will still be able to register for waitlists after sessions fill. Campers can register for both a waitlist spot and an open spot on another trip. We will notify families via email if a trip moves a camper from the waitlist.
Cancelations on a Waitlist Spot
Please contact the customer service center if you need to cancel your waitlist registration. When a spot opens the next camper on the waitlist is given 48 hours to respond to a Customer Service Center email before being automatically enrolled in session. This could mean being charged for the entire cost of the session for openings after the final payment deadline on May 15.