Each camper's experience will conclude with a Closing Celebration the night before they depart. Closing Celebrations offer an opportunity to share in the Widji trail experience and celebrate the accomplishments of returning campers.
Campers will share a celebration banquet and connect with friends and family afterward. Guests are welcome to join us after dinner for the Closing Celebration. There are plenty of options for meals in Ely and picnic options in the surrounding area.
There is no fee for the Closing Celebration, but registration is required.
Dogs and other pets are not allowed at Closing Celebrations. Please leave them at home or board them in Ely. Quality Kennels is one option for dog boarding in Ely, 218-235-9600.
Closing Celebration Schedule for Visitors
- 5:45 - 6:00 pm – Family and Friends arrive at the Sigurd Olson Center
- 6:00 - 6:15 pm – Campers arrive at the Sigurd Olson Center
- 5:45 – 6:45 pm – Camp Store open (cash & check only)
- 6:45 - Camp Tour & Social Time
- 7:15 pm - Closing Campfire
- 8:00 pm – Evening concludes