Have you been missing our famous Ihduhapi goulash? Have no fear! You can make it right at home when you are missing camp!
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 24 Pepperoni Slices
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- 3 T Butter
- 2 C Shredded Cheese (we recommend cheddar and mozzarella)
- 12 oz. Whole Grain Noodles (at camp we use elbow macaroni, but you could use rotini, penne, or farfalle!)
- Opt: Spices (we use Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper)
- Opt: Parmesan Cheese
- Opt: Whole Grain Tortillas (in true camp fashion, line a bowl with a tortilla and you have no dishes!)
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and pepper and melt 1 T butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Saute the onion and pepper in the butter about 5 minutes, or until slightly soft.
- Move vegetables from pan into a serving dish. Melt 2 T butter in the pan, along with the brown sugar.
- Cook pepperoni in the butter and sugar mixture until it starts to brown slightly and has a crisp texture. Put pepperoni in serving dish with the vegetables.
- Mix the hot pasta in with the vegetables and pepperoni, along with the 2 cups of cheese.
If you so choose, line bowls with tortillas for easier cleanup. Serve pasta in bowls, with optional spices and cheese to garnish. Enjoy!