YMCA of the North outdoor learning programs place a strong focus on individualized instruction:
- Student-to-staff ratios of 16-to-1 (or lower)
- Single and multi-day options are available (one to five days)
- Options to support the Minnesota Graduation Standards and the Wisconsin Academic Standards
YMCA of the North outdoor learning programs help people foster:
- Awareness and appreciation of the natural environment
- Understanding of ecological concepts
- Knowledge of the cultural and natural history of the region
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
Please bring the following items:
- Bug spray
- Sunscreen (if applicable)
- Water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Hand sanitizer
- Backpack or bag to carry it all
Please bring your own food and snacks unless other arrangements have been made. If you are attending as part of a group retreat or rental, refer to your organizing group leader to see if meals are part of your group reservation.
YMCA of the North can provide bus transportation; however, self-drive – including pick-up and drop-off – is highly encouraged.
Your student will need to bring electronic devices and any educational materials needed for distance learning. WiFi-capable spaces will be provided by camp for your student to check in to distance learning.
Due to the custom nature of outdoor learning programs, Before and After Care is not available.