Each year during the Annual Fund, we ask for your support to keep a long-standing tradition of exceptional camp experiences alive and well. Your donation helps campers develop character, build skills, learn from nature and make lasting friends and memories.
Many of our scholarship recipients have never been on a family vacation, paddled a canoe or ridden a horse. Your donation makes these life-changing experiences possible for all children, regardless of their family’s income.
With your help, the YMCA can:
- Offer camp scholarships so that no one is turned away due to financial need
- Purchase essential program equipment and supplies
- Provide quality training programs for camp staff
Did you know?
- One three-person dome tent costs $375.
- A customized first aid kit for an extended trip costs $205.
- Complete reconditioning of one wood canoe costs $875 and 60+ hours of labor.
How to Donate
We can process your gift online or by check, deferred billing, monthly credit card billing, EFT and donation of securities. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Your gift is fully tax-deductible.
To donate by mail, download the mail-in pledge card.
YMCA of the North
P.O. Box 1450
Minneapolis, MN 55485-5901
Most companies match gifts to YMCA camping programs. Contact your human resources department today, and double your gift to camp.
More ways to give
Camp Widji Endowment Fund
A great way to support Widji is through a personal gift to the endowment fund, either as an immediate donation or as a gift in your estate plan. To make an endowment gift, please call us at 651-645-6605. We are deeply honored to be remembered by our friends in such a personal and significant way.
Living tribute and memorial gifts
Honor someone special, either in memory or on a special occasion, like a birthday, wedding, anniversary or holiday. Your thoughtfulness will be appreciated, and the gift will have a lasting impact. Please contact Carolyn Caswell in Mission Advancement at 612-371-8707 for more information.
Planned giving opportunities
Create a legacy that will impact camp for generations – a gift in your will, IRA, insurance policy, bank account, trust or other estate instrument. Not only can this provide a tax benefit to you and your heirs, but it will bring priceless benefit to our camp community long into the future. Please contact Jeri Glick-Anderson, the Y’s Senior Director of Planned Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 435-6724, for more information.
Camp Widjiwagan is always looking for quality equipment. If you are interested in donating an item on our wish list, please email Matt Poppleton.
- Dry bags (any size)
- Wood paddles (52” to 58” long)
- Industrial sewing machine
- Eureka six-person Outfitter Timberline tent
- Fisher Boundary Waters Canoe Area Maps
- Toro Workman
- 16-foot Lund fishing boat with 25 to 45 horsepower motor and trailer
- 17-foot aluminum canoes
- 17-foot Old Town trippers (ABS canoes)
- Computers (running Windows XP or newer)