All campers must select a bus stop unless enrolled in Before and After Care, or signed up for No Bus/No Care and dropping off (9:15-9:30am) and picking up (3:30-3:45pm) campers directly at Day Camp Oxbow.
Bus Stop Locations
1201 10th Ave NE
Pick Up: 8:35AM | Drop Off: 4:10PM
Gibbs Elementary School
5525 56th Street NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Pick up: 8:55AM | Drop off: 3:50PM
1900 Pinewood Rd SE #5833
Pick Up: 8:30AM | Drop Off: 4:15PM
Bamber Valley Elementary
2001 Bamber Valley Rd SW
Pick Up: 8:45AM | Drop Off: 4:05PM
Lourdes High School
2800 19th St NW
Pick Up: 9:00AM | Drop Off: 3:50PM
- Camp Counselors will ride and supervise all buses.
- We do not staff the bus stops.
- Please be at the bus stop at the designated pick-up and drop-off times to meet your child. You will be asked to sign your child on and off the bus each day. Please be near the bus to do this so that we can remain on schedule.
- We will only release children to individuals listed as authorized to pick up, no exceptions. We will be checking IDs of parents/guardians and all authorized persons as children are picked up. Please make all authorized people on your list aware of this.
- If you will be giving your child permission to ride his/her bike or walk home from a bus stop, a Child Release Waiver will need be filled out before your child will be released without an adult’s signature. (certain restrictions apply)
- If no one is there to pick up your child, the bus will wait 5 minutes past the scheduled time, then we will finish the route and bring your child to the YMCA.
- The YMCA makes every effort to be on time. Due to traffic and road construction, buses may be delayed at times. Please contact the YMCA for an update if buses are running behind schedule.
- Please check with camp prior to planning to ride home on another bus, even for one day. Often buses are at capacity, and we cannot accommodate changes.
- If a child’s behavior does not follow the bus rules, parents will be notified; seating arrangements may be made and if problems persist riding privileges may be revoked.
Please review these rules with your camper.
- You must remain in your seat.
- Always check on and off the bus with the Bus Captain.
- No eating or drinking (except water) on the bus.
- All campers must sit on a seat and face forward. (No lap sitting and no one in the aisle.)
- All body parts and belongings are to always remain inside the bus.
- Hands remain to yourself.
- No fighting or screaming.
- Let a counselor know if something is wrong right away.
- The emergency exits should be used only during an emergency.
- Please participate in bus games and songs.