Weather Emergency Information
YMCA Facility Closures
The decision to close centers located in YMCA facilities is made by YMCA leadership. The YMCA will remain open when school districts are closed unless otherwise notified. In the event YMCA facilities close, Early Childhood Learning Centers and Preschools will close as well. When a closing is declared during the working day, parents are asked to pick up their child(ren) within two hours of the official closing announcement.
The center will remain open until all of the children have departed with parents or an adult authorized by the parents. After the two-hour time frame of closing, late fees will apply.
Stay current on weather changes with local news information and follow YMCA Twin Cities on Facebook or check the Early Childhood Learning Center website for special alerts.
Early Childhood Learning Centers and Preschools located in YMCA facilities:
- Eagan YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center & Preschool
- Lakeville YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center
- New Hope YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center
- St. Paul Eastside YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center
- St. Paul Midway YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center
- Shoreview YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center
- Hudson YMCA Preschool
- Rochester Early Childhood Learning Center
- Rochester YMCA Preschool
- Woodbury YMCA Preschool
- YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center at the University of Minnesota
- Little Seeds Nature Preschool at Camp Ihduhapi
- Little Seeds Nature Preschool at Camp St. Croix
School District Closures
Early Childhood Learning Centers and Preschools located in school buildings should follow the local school district protocols for school closings, late starts, and inclement weather policies.
Early Childhood Learning Centers and Preschools located in school district buildings:
- Agape - St. Paul Public Schools
- Shakopee Extended Care - Central Family Center
Per our policy, tuition is charged for weather or emergency situations up to three days per program year. Billing will be adjusted for future closings for any sites that have had more than three incidents in the program year.