New Hope YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center offers full-day care for infants and toddlers, as well as full-day preschool programs. On-site amenities that include a kids’ gym, outdoor garden, splash deck and swimming pool, separate playgrounds for toddlers and preschoolers and more.
Every family deserves quality care to thrive. We offer competitive tuition rates and registration fees. Need-based scholarships are available. Contact us at (763) 592-5524 to schedule a visit and discuss weekly tuition rates.
Meet the Director
Early Childhood Learning Center Program Director
Shamra graduated from Metropolitan State University in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Studies. She joined YMCA in 2014 and currently lives in Brooklyn Park with her fiancé Byron and their two boys Elijah and Elliott. They love visiting water parks, beaches and lakes together.
Shamra’s favorite moments at New Hope ECLC are watching the children engage in fun activities in their classrooms and growing their enthusiasm for learning. She is proud they enjoy their time and are sad to leave at the end of the day.
Curriculum & Philosophy
We use the Creative Curriculum® to develop age-appropriate experiences that foster joyful learning. For each child, we address individual needs, build skills for success and incorporate STEM activities. Pairing our curriculum with the YMCA Healthy Kids Initiative, we also provide exposure to healthy eating, nutrition and physical activity for children and their families.
- Kids’ gym
- Outdoor garden
- Separate playgrounds for toddlers and preschoolers
- Splash deck and swimming pool
- Walking and nature trails
Learning at New Hope YMCA Day Care and Preschool programs gives your child more than one way to explore their interests and develop their confidence and social-emotional skills for kindergarten.
- Kids’ Fitness
- Language–Spanish and American Sign
- Music and Movement
- Water Play and Safety
- Farm to YMCA with gardening and cooking activities
Providing a safe, secure and predictable environment is a top priority for every YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center. For more information about our policies go to:
Parent Referral Program
If you love your Early Childhood Learning experience, spread the word and get rewarded!
It’s easy to make a referral. Pass on the referred parent’s name, along with some basic information about the family to your program director.
- Complete the parent referral form and give it to your program director.
- After the new family has enrolled at any of our Early Childhood Learning Center locations and stayed for at least four weeks, you’ll receive a week’s free tuition for your oldest child.
- You can refer as many families as you’d like to earn more. Every time a child is enrolled as a result of your recommendation, you’ll get a week’s free tuition.