What to Expect
You can count on us to give excellent, affordable care as we partner with you to create and sustain a trusting environment for your family’s most precious members: your children. Whether your family is new to child care or new to child care at the Y—here’s an overview of what to expect throughout the year.
The First Few Weeks at YMCA Child Care
When it’s all new, the first days can be challenging. Here are some ways to make the transition a little easier:
- Plan to spend a little extra time with your child the first few days while he/she makes the adjustment and eases into the new routine
- Call or stop by during the day to see how your child is adjusting
- Ask the program director for suggestions to ease the transition
- Set up time with a staff member in the first week to welcome your family, answer questions, offer observations and make sure you have the information you need for an easier transition
- Share with staff any concerns you have about your child
- Set up regular check-ins to meet and discuss your child’s transition into our child care program
The lines of communication are always open. We update you on your child’s progress, so you can celebrate these important victories together. We also invite you to check out the ever-changing artwork displays and communication boards in your child’s classroom.
- Daily: KidReports® keeps you connected to your child’s activities and progress. Receive alerts, pictures, videos and a milestones summary at the end of each day.
- Monthly: You’ll get a newsletter, upcoming calendar, listing of special events and family connection opportunities.
- Twice a year: We’ll hold formal parent conferences to share information, observations and discuss questions about your child’s individual development and goals. We also welcome informal conferences at any time upon your request.
- Throughout the year: Volunteer for field trips, as a class speaker or for family events, all great opportunities to meet other families and increase your parent network.
Never miss a milestone and stay connected in real time with an easy-to-use app that sends videos, photos and reports straight to your smartphone.
- Receive daily reports via push notification, email or text message
- Opt into activity alerts throughout the day
- Communicate easily with your early childhood learning center
- Download photos and access daily and historical activities
- Record drop off for your child
Safety & Security
Your child’s safety and security are our top priority. We have established policies and procedures to ensure safety for your child, including:
- Secure entry
- Frequent site inspections
- Recurring playground and equipment maintenance