Lakeville YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center offers full-day care and education for infants, toddlers, preschool and pre-kindergarten with full and part-week options for toddlers, preschool and pre-kindergarten. On-site amenities include a library, outdoor garden, playfield, separate playgrounds for toddlers and preschoolers and more.
Every family deserves quality care to thrive. We offer competitive tuition rates and registration fees. Need-based scholarships are available. Contact us at (651) 728-5344 to schedule a visit and discuss weekly tuition rates.
Meet the Director
Alana Kniefel (pronounced uh-lay-nuh kuh-knee-full)
Early Childhood Learning Center Program Director
Alana is a graduate of Minnesota State University–Mankato in Elementary Education. She joined the Y in 2003, most recently as the Family Engagement Program Director at the Eagan Y.
Alana’s favorite thing about Lakeville ECLC is seeing happy faces coming through the front door every morning. She loves hearing the daily stories being shared between family members.
Curriculum & Philosophy
We use the Creative Curriculum® to develop age-appropriate experiences that foster joyful learning. For each child, we address individual needs, build skills for success and incorporate STEM activities. Pairing our curriculum with the YMCA Healthy Kids Initiative, we also provide exposure to healthy eating, nutrition and physical activity for children and their families.
- Interactive whiteboards
- Outdoor garden
- Multi-purpose room for large and small motor activities
- Separate playgrounds for toddlers and preschoolers
Learning at Lakeville YMCA Day Care and Preschool programs gives your child multiple opportunities to interact with children and staff that strengthens their confidence and social interactions for kindergarten.
- Kids’ Fitness
- Language–Spanish and American Sign
- Music and Movement
- Water Play and Safety
- Farm to YMCA with gardening and cooking activities
Providing a safe, secure and predictable environment is a top priority for every YMCA Early Childhood Learning Center. For more information about our policies go to:
Parent Referral Program
If you love your Early Childhood Learning experience, spread the word and get rewarded!
It’s easy to make a referral. Pass on the referred parent’s name, along with some basic information about the family to your program director.
- Complete the parent referral form and give it to your program director.
- After the new family has enrolled at any of our Early Childhood Learning Center locations and stayed for at least four weeks, you’ll receive a week’s free tuition for your oldest child.
- You can refer as many families as you’d like to earn more. Every time a child is enrolled as a result of your recommendation, you’ll get a week’s free tuition.