Skip to main content
- Camp Counselors will ride and supervise all buses.
- We do not staff the bus stops.
- Please be at the bus stop at the designated pick-up and drop-off times to meet your child.
- If no one is there to pick up your child, the bus will wait 5 minutes past the scheduled time, then we will finish the route and bring your child to the YMCA.
- Your child’s day begins on the bus. During the ride, counselors will lead songs and games to make the bus ride a fun part of the day.
- If you have not indicated your bus stop on your registration form, or need to make a change, please contact the YMCA Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
- It is very important to have your child’s name on the bus roster due to limited seating.
- The YMCA makes every effort to be on time. Due to traffic and road construction, buses may be delayed at times. Please contact the YMCA for an update if buses are running behind schedule.
- Please review the following important bus rules with your child before they attend camp.
- Please check with camp prior to making arrangements to ride home on another bus, even for one day. Often buses are at capacity and we cannot accommodate changes.
Bus Rules | Safety First
- Campers must remain in their seats.
- Always check on and off the bus with the Bus Captain.
- No eating or drinking (except water) on the bus.
- All campers must sit on a seat and face forward. (No lap sitting and no one in the aisle.)
- All body parts and belongings are to remain inside the bus at all times.
- Hands remain to yourself.
- No fighting or screaming.
- Let a counselor know if something is wrong right away.
- The emergency exits should be used only during an emergency.
- Please participate in bus games and songs.
- If a child’s behavior does not meet these standards, parents will be notified; seating arrangements may be made and if problems persist riding privileges may be revoked.
Bus Safety & Persons Authorized to Pick-up
- Safety of your child is the number one priority at the YMCA.
- Day Camp has bus security procedures. It is not our intention to offend or question anybody’s right to pick up a child. They are in place for the safety of your family.
- We will only release children to individuals listed as authorized to pick up, no exceptions.
- We will be checking ID’s of parents/guardians and all authorized persons as children are picked up. Please make all authorized people on your list aware of this.
- If you will be giving your child permission to ride his/her bike or walk home from a bus stop, a Child Release Waiver will need be filled out before your child will be released without an adult’s signature. (certain restrictions apply)
- You will be asked to sign your children on & off of the bus each day. To expedite this process, we ask you to be near the bus and ready to sign children in/out, so our buses can remain on schedule.
- PLEASE ALLOW YOURSELF A FEW EXTRA MINUTES TO LOCATE THE BUS STOP ON MONDAY MORNINGS!