Work for Camp St. Croix
Work at Camp St. Croix for a life-changing summer job! Whether you are leading a group of campers, facilitating a program area, lifeguarding at our waterfront, or working in a support position you will:
- Make a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Build lifelong relationships in a supportive, growth-oriented, and close-knit community
- Gain leadership experience mentoring youth
- Practice career-oriented communication and problem-solving skills
- Become a positive role model to your campers
- Develop group management strategies and conflict resolution techniques
About Our Staff
Camp St. Croix staff are carefully selected based on leadership skills, prior experience working with children, decision-making abilities, respect for the environment and safety awareness. Candidates must be 17 years of age.
All staff members go through a criminal background check and are currently certified in CPR and First Aid. Waterfront staff members are certified lifeguards and others are certified as First Responder or have been trained in Wilderness First Aid.
Fun, Challenging, Developmental Job Opportunities, Based in Nature
Summer camp employment provides a life changing experience and a stellar resume builder for staff members. Folks interested in career paths surrounding youth development, education, parks & rec, outdoor education, psychology, social work, and environmental education are strongly encouraged to apply, as Summer Camp employment can be a great first step in any of these paths.
We strive to hire our summer staff members for the entire season, but can often work with flexible schedules. Staff Training is provided, and mandatory to all summer staff.
*YMCA Camp Staff must be certified in First Aid and BLS (CPR).
*Those applying to Summer Camp staff roles must be 18 years old by July 1st, 2022.
Overnight Residential Camp
Overnight Residential Camp at Croix summer season runs June 2nd to August 26th, 2022.
Overnight Residential Camp staff work Sunday (9am) – Friday (5pm), sleeping at camp. Camp St. Croix follows the traditional layout of 10 campers to 2 staff within a cabin. Breaks will be provided throughout the week to staff members. All Room & Board are provided to staff members during the allotted session times (9am Sunday to 5pm Friday). Weekend housing may be provided, per confirmation from the Program Director, to those 18 years of age and older. Folks under 18 are not allowed to stay on camp over the weekend, between camp sessions.
Apply to Overnight Residential Camp Job Opportunities
Cabin Staff / Specialty Camp Programs / Trail Guide Application
Leadership Staff Application
Day Camp DayCroix
DayCroix Day Camp summer season runs June 2nd to September 2nd, 2022.
Day Camp staff work Mondays to Fridays, generally within the timeframe of 7:30am to 5:30pm.
DayCroix Job Opportunities
Lifeguard Certification Classes—Register and learn more
- Camp Instructor—Outdoor Education (positions currently available)
- Camp Instructor—Teambuilding (positions currently available)
- Cook—Food Services (positions currently available)
- Kitchen Staff— Food Service (positions currently available)
- Camp Counselor—Groups Services
- Camp Counselor—Group Hosts
- Administrative Assistant—Support Staff (no positions currently available)
- Camp Instructor—Outdoor Education Instructor, Environmental & Team Development Center
- Camp Instructor—Team Development Facilitator, Environmental & Team Development Center
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V