Work at Warren for a life-changing summer job that makes a positive impact in the lives of kids.
You will get:
- Lifelong relationships
- Leadership experience
- A chance to be a positive role model
- Experience working with children and youth
- A beautiful outdoor setting in Northern Minnesota
- To be a part of a close camp community
Most summer positions at Warren last half the summer. Female employees work the girls-only sessions from June to mid-July. Male employees work the boys-only sessions from mid-July through August.
- Counselor—Overnight Cabin Counselor. Provide high quality outdoor education and recreation experiences. As the staff member closest to campers, you have the opportunity to make an incredible impact.
- Counselor—Overnight Trail Guides. Lead out-of-camp trips, primarily canoeing. Must be WFA or WFR and Lifeguard certified (courses available through the YMCA).
- Camp Cook & Kitchen Staff. This is a dynamic position requiring experience in food service management, budget management and inventory control.
- Camp Counselor—Overnight Program Staff. Organize and lead campers and/or other staff in a particular program area. Positions include:
- Summer Program Coordinator (2). Work with camp directors to oversee day-to-day camp program.
- Waterfront Director. Manage waterfront safety, activities and staff. Must be a certified lifeguard.
- Sailing Master. Manage all aspects of the sailing program. Must be a certified lifeguard.
- Boating Director. Manage all aspects of the boating program. Experience instructing canoeing, kayaking and windsurfing is beneficial. Must be a certified lifeguard.
- Arts & Crafts Director. Manage the arts and crafts program, and organize daily projects for campers.
- Trips Director. Manage all out-of-camp trip experiences. This includes preparing equipment and food for trips. WFR preferred.
- Wrangler. Manage horse camp program and horse care. Preferred age 21 and instruction experience.
- Health Officer. Manage health and wellness of campers and staff. Required: EMT, LPN, RN or Doctor.
- Archery Instructor. Manage the archery range, and instruct campers in proper techniques.
- Nature Program Instructor. Organize daily activities for campers involving the natural world.
- Drama/Theater/Music Instructor. Organize daily activities involving drama, theater and music performance.
- Fishing Instructor. Manage the fishing program, and instruct campers in proper fishing techniques.
- Ropes Director. Manage safety and facilitation of high and low ropes courses. Prior experience required.
- Tennis Instructor. Organize daily activities, and instruct campers in proper technique.
- Athletics Instructor. Organize daily activities involving field games, sports and teamwork.
How to apply
To apply to work at YMCA Camp Warren, you must submit an application online.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of YMCA Camp Warren are required to have CPR/First Aid certifications. Other certifications that are beneficial to have are lifeguard, Wilderness First Aid, and Wilderness First Responder.
- CPR/First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid
If you live outside the U.S.
We are proud to hire staff members who live outside of the United States. Please contact one of the following organizations to help you with your application, travel arrangements and orientation to camp life:
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V