Widjiwagan’s Community Board of Directors are committed individuals with a passion for Widjiwagan’s mission and programming. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive community that helps advise, advocate, and support Widjiwagan’s strategic direction and mission delivery.
Recruitment for board members is an ongoing process. We are looking to connect with individuals who have the following areas of expertise and experiences:
- Work in racial equity in the outdoors
- Mental health
- Social media/marketing and technology
- Graphic design
- Risk management
- Multicultural youth development, leadership, and education
- Fundraising and alumni development
- Natural resource management / environmental conservation
Widjiwagan’s Executive Director and Executive Committee work to help recruit and onboard new board members. Board terms often begin in the spring and individuals serve a three-year term, with the option of a second term.
Widjiwagan’s Committees and Task Forces
Widjiwagan’s Board is supported and informed by a number of committees and task forces. We welcome participation in our committees and task forces from board members as well as staff, campers, and community members. Serving on a committee is a great volunteer opportunity and allows individuals to become more familiar with Widjiwagan, before joining the Board.
- Alumni & Community Relations
- Buildings & Property
- Canoe Fleet Management
- Environmental Responsibility Task Force
- Indigenous Cultures Task Force
- Camper Services
- Executive Committee
- Financial Development Program
- Risk Management
- Social Responsibility
For individuals interested in learning more about Widjiwagan’s Community Board please email firstname.lastname@example.org