Thank you for your patience as we navigate reopening Widji for programming. We know many people have questions about how registration will roll out for Summer 2021 given the cancellation of our 2020 programming. Below is an explanation of our new registration process. Please read carefully if you plan to register for Summer 2021.
The most notable change is that we are NOT running a lottery for Summer 2021. Many factors led to this decision but our ultimate goal was to create a more streamlined and transparent registration experience. Please continue to read to find out more about these changes.
Widjiwagan Registration for summer 2021 will be conducted on a first come, first served basis and will open in stages to give preference to campers who had their 2020 registration canceled. Registration will open for Invitational Campers first followed by all campers who had their 2020 registrations canceled. All other prospective campers are invited to register during Open Registration.
2021 Invitational Camper Registration: Nov 4 - Nov 22
Campers included in this registration period will have received an invitation to register for one of the following trips:
- Explorer Canoe & Backpack
- Advanced Explorer Canoe & Backpack
- Voyageur Canoe & Mountaineer Backpack
2021 Registration for Returning 2020 Campers: Nov 30 - Dec 13
Registration period will be open to all campers who had their 2020 registration canceled including the following groups:
- Pathfinder Canoe
- Intro to Boundary Waters Canoe
- BOLD and GOLD Canoe
- Boundary Waters Canoe
- Quetico Canoe
- Isle Royale Backpack
- Porcupine Mountains Backpack
- Bighorn Mountains Backpack
- Rocky Mountains Backpack
2021 Open Registration: Dec 15
Registration for all trips and all campers.
Reserving Your Spot!
Campers can reserve their spot either through online registration or by submitting a paper registration that can be found on the Forms and Publications page.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 for is due with each registration with the exception of Voyageur Canoe and Mountaineer Backpack registrations. Please note that we require a $500 for Voyageur Canoe and Mountaineer Backpack trips due to the significant preparation that these trips require early in the year.
- All remaining fees are due in 4 installments on February 15, March 15, April 15 and May 15. Registrations after May 15, 2020 require full payment. If balance is not paid by May 15, 2020, you may forfeit your place at camp along with the deposit.
- Payments can be made by check, cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
If you have questions about our payment plan policy or would like to establish an alternate payment plan, please contact the Customer Service Center at the time of registration.
Popular Sessions and Waitlists
Registration will be conducted on a first come, first served basis and NOT follow the lottery process as in past years. Campers will be registered for whichever session they select and should not list multiple choices when they register.
Once a session fills, it is full but campers will still be able to register for waitlists. Campers can both register for a waitlist and register for an open spot in another trip. We will notify families if a spot opens up on a trip that they are on the waitlist for.
We encourage campers to come to camp ready to make new friends. Strong friendships formed on trail are unique part of a Widji trip. We also understand that some campers feel most comfortable coming to camp with a friend.
- Trailmate requests must be mutual. We are unable to honor a request if only one of the pair of campers lists a trailmate request.
- Campers requesting each other must register for the same session.
- If a session fills before both campers are able to register, we will not be able to open additional spots to accommodate their trailmate request.
- Siblings that register for the same session will be placed in separate trail groups.
- Please remember that we can honor only one trailmate request.
- Trailmate requests that involve both returning 2020 campers and new campers will be allowed to register during the Returning 2020 Camper registration period.
- We are not able to accept friend requests for Invitational trips due to other group considerations.
Widji welcomes all who wish to participate and annually raises scholarship funds to ensure camp fees are not a barrier for anyone. Additional Information