Group Western Horseback Riding Lessons
Gathering Pines offers comprehensive one-hour horse lessons with group sizes ranging between three and six participants. During Western Horseback Riding Lessons, participants will learn riding skills in a fun, relaxed, and supportive atmosphere. Lessons go beyond just riding. Some components of what you may learn are how to catch your horse, lead, groom, tack up, ride, and care for your horse. Our instructors and assistants will guide you through the process, emphasizing safe horse handling practices both on the ground and in the saddle.
Lessons are offered in six-week sessions. Participants register for a day and will then be assigned a one-hour lesson time on the weekday they registered for. For example, a participant may be assigned a time of 12:00pm on the Saturday they registered for. Participants will be grouped with others based on age and skill level to ensure a consistent riding experience.
For more information, please contact Justine Christensen by email.
YMCA Gathering Pines
23701 Zane Avenue, Lakeville, MN 55044
- Weekdays: 3 - 8 p.m.
- Weekends: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Summer 2023 Lessons (6 Weeks, Age 8-17)
- Sundays: July 23 – August 27
- Mondays: July 24 – August 28
Fall 2023 Lessons (6 Weeks, Age 8-17)
- Mondays: September 11 – October 16
- Thursdays: September 14 – October 19
- Fridays: September 15 – October 20
- Saturdays: September 16 – October 21
- Sundays: September 17 – October 22
- Mondays: October 30 – December 11
- Thursdays: November 2 – December 14
- Fridays: November 3 – December 15
- Saturdays: November 4 – December 16
- Sundays: November 5 – December 17
Winter/Spring 2024 Lessons (6 Weeks, Age 8-17)
- Mondays: February 19 – March 25
- Thursdays: February 22 – March 28
- Fridays: February 23 – March 29
- Saturdays: February 24 – March 30
- Sundays: February 25 -March 31
- Mondays: April 8 – May 13
- Thursdays: April 11 – May 16
- Fridays: April 12 – May 17
- Saturdays: April 13 – May 18
- Sundays: April 14 – May 19
Little Seeds Horse Experience (Age 3-5)
Thursdays 4/13 - 5/18 (6 Weeks)
Cost: $379 Member, $399 Non-Member
- 10 – 11 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Our Little Seeds Horse Experiences are a great opportunity for your child to have fun at the Barn! Sessions are 60 minutes in total and may include; learning how to safely interact with horses, becoming confident and comfortable around horses, brushing and grooming, groundwork, horse care, building strength and balance while being lead on a horse, and more. These lessons are a great way to get your young rider confident around and on horses and are designed to give them a “leg up” in future lessons.
The expectation is that the participant’s adult(s) stay on site during the lesson. This is not a drop off program. There will be some opportunities for adults to learn alongside their children, but all child participants must be registered.
Lesson Weather Policy
Gathering Pines features an amazing equine facility with an indoor riding arena. There are weather conditions that may limit or prevent riding time during lessons. When riding limiting weather occurs, instructors will supplement lesson time with alternative equine education and activities. If a lesson day were to be canceled due to weather, you will receive an email and /or phone call.