Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a healing practice that helps correct imbalances of energy, or Qi, in the body.
Acupuncture is the most commonly used TCM technique in Western culture. Acupuncture can improve your whole wellbeing and can treat symptoms of a wide variety of conditions. Other increasingly popular TCM techniques are cupping and Qigong (movement meditation)—also available at George Wellbeing.
What to expect
At your first session, your licensed acupuncturist will:
- Gather your health history and information to create a personalized Wellbeing Plan
- Complete a TCM assessment
- Provide an acupuncture treatment, which could include herbalism, cupping or Gua sha massage
Before coming to an acupuncture session, be sure to eat a little something so you’re not arriving hungry.
During an acupuncture session:
- A licensed acupuncturist inserts ultra-thin, sterile needles in various points in your body. These points are called meridians, and they connect all aspects of the body together into one network.
- Your acupuncturist might manipulate acupuncture points with techniques such as acupressure, Tuina, cupping and Gua sha massage.
- Most clients experience a state of relaxation and calmness during their session. Sensations from acupuncture needles are very minimal, and can include mild tingling, soreness or aching.
In a 1:1 session plan to undress to your comfort and be covered by a sheet and blanket, similar to a massage. In a community session, you will be asked to remove your shoes and socks. Wearing loose-fitting clothing that can provide access from the knee down, arms and possibly the neck/collar bones is recommended.
There’s no need to tip your acupuncturist.
Book a 1:1 session
Acupuncture is effective for a wide range of health symptoms such as pain, anxiety and depression, hormone regulation and migraine therapy.
- For your first time, schedule a 90-minute Foundation Session: $125/$112 for Y members
- Follow-up 90-minute session: $125/$112 for Y members
- Follow-up 60-minute session: $95/$85 for Y members
- Follow-up 30-minute session: $55/$50 for Y members
Wellbeing Plans are available for an additional discount. Financial assistance is available for those that qualify, please click here to apply.
Visit George Wellbeing, or call 612-465-0468 to book a service.
Attend a free community session
During community acupuncture, you and other acupuncture clients receive services in the same room. Each person is seated in a zero-gravity chair. The licensed acupuncturist moves from person to person, completing a brief consultation and placing needles. The full session is scheduled for 120 minutes and you can expect to be there for about 20-30 minutes. The free service is walk-in only and no reservations are needed. All are welcome and no Y membership is required (Non-members must bring a photo ID each visit).
Limited space is available; please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to scheduled session.
Meet your provider
New client forms to have for your session
Before your session, please review and complete the forms below.
If you need to cancel, please call 24 hours before your appointment. Cancellations made within fewer than 24 hours of your appointment will result in full payment of service. In case of an emergency cancellation due to unforeseeable circumstances, please call the branch location where your appointment is scheduled.