The Y sees the strength in every young person and empowers them to build skills and networks for the future.
The Career Pathways Program is designed to provide youth ages 14–24 who historically have faced systemic barriers to employment the opportunity to be introduced into the workforce by getting an internship at the Y.
This isn’t your stereotypical “get coffee” or “make copies” kind of internship — it’s about creating meaningful experiences for all kinds of youth to grow into competitive candidates for the workforce. We provide internships in line with high-demand jobs so youth can gain the skills to compete in the job market.
Stay on Track for Success
With two internship options, you can get an immersive experience that will help you prepare for your future.
- YMCA Internships (Ages 14+) — A chance to work at the Y and gain some of your first job skills in areas like customer service, information technology, and child care.
- Project-Based Internships (Ages 18+) — Advance what you’ve learned by working on a specific project. Whether you are in college or trade school, we offer project based internship opportunities to take theory into practice.
What to Expect
If you’re eligible and are accepted to participate, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll explore fields that interest you.
- You’ll participate in training and workshops to help you prepare for your internship.
- You’ll need to be available to work at least 10 hours a week and attend professional development workshops.
- You’ll learn new and exciting skills to help you prepare for the future.
- You’ll need to be dedicated to learning and consistently completing your assigned work on time.
Please select the appropriate option below to submit an application of interest.
Contact us to learn more about the eligibility requirements for Career Pathways.
Thanks to You
Your generosity makes our good work possible.