Work for Camp Menogyn
Work at Menogyn for a life-changing summer job! Whether you are out on trail with campers or working in camp supporting trips, you will:
- Make a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Build lifelong relationships in a supportive, growth-oriented, and close-knit community
- Gain leadership experience mentoring youth
- Become a positive role model to your campers
- Practice managing risk in remote wilderness settings
- Develop group management strategies and conflict resolution techniques
If you are interested in joining a committed group of people and having a positive impact on the lives of young people, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2023 Hiring Timeline:
- Mid-November - We begin accepting applications for the following summer
- January 2nd – Priority Deadline for applications
- We begin interviewing new staff candidates in January
When applications open, you can use the links below to apply or find all available positions at Camp Menogyn online by searching for "Grand Marais" in the location category.
Canoe Fleet Manager
Boy and Girls Outdoor Leadership Development Program (BOLD & GOLD) Wilderness Intern
Camp Menogyn's BOLD & GOLD program hires 16- to 18-year-old Wilderness Interns. The Internship program offers young leaders the opportunity to develop their wilderness, leadership, interpersonal and intercultural skills. Interns will participate in a training session where they will receive group management, experiential education and wilderness skills instruction. Following their training trip, Interns will co-guide a 6-day canoe trip, followed by a 13-day canoe trip. Preference is given to BOLD & GOLD graduates but all are welcome to apply. Individuals interested in applying for this position need to complete an online application.
The BOLD & GOLD Internship dates at Menogyn for Summer 2023 are: 7/24-8/18.
The application will stay open until February 17th, 2023. Upon the application closing, the Program Directors will review all applications and reach out to applicants for a follow-up interview. Decisions will be announced in early March. Applicants may choose to apply to one or both camps.
Please reach out to Angela Wunderlich, BOLD & GOLD Program Director, with any questions.