Work for Camp Menogyn
Work at Menogyn for a life-changing summer job! Whether you are out on trail with campers or working in camp supporting trips you will:
- Make a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Build lifelong relationships in a supportive, growth-oriented, and close-knit community
- Gain leadership experience mentoring youth
- Become a positive role model to your campers
- Practice managing risk in remote wilderness settings
- Develop group management strategies and conflict resolution techniques
- Trail Counselor/Guide—Lead groups of teens on canoeing, rock climbing and/or backpacking trips
- Camp Lead—(Trail Department Manager, Office Manager, Equipment Room Manager)
- Camp Kitchen Staff
- Camp Maintenance Staff
If you are interested in joining a committed group of people and having a positive impact on the lives of young people, contact Emily Ten Eyck.
Applications are accepted online on a rolling basis. Search "Camping" in "Grand Marais". We begin reviewing applications in December for the following summer.
Boy and Girls Outdoor Leadership Development Program (BOLD & GOLD) Wilderness Intern
Camp Menogyn's BOLD & GOLD program hires 16- to 18-year-old Wilderness Interns. The Internship program offers young leaders the opportunity to develop their wilderness, leadership, interpersonal and intercultural skills. Interns will participate in a training session where they will receive group management, experiential education and wilderness skills instruction. Following their training trip, Interns will co-guide a 6-day canoe trip, followed by a 13-day canoe trip. Preference is given to BOLD & GOLD graduates but all are welcome to apply. Individuals interested in applying for this position need to complete an online application. Summer 2020 dates: July 5 - July 31.
Applications must be received by March 15th.
Please email Emily Ten Eyck, Summer Program Director for more information and application materials.