Work for Camp Menogyn
Work at Menogyn for a life-changing summer job! Whether you are out on trail with campers or working in camp supporting trips, you will:
- Make a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Build lifelong relationships in a supportive, growth-oriented, and close-knit community
- Gain leadership experience mentoring youth
- Become a positive role model to your campers
- Practice managing risk in remote wilderness settings
- Develop group management strategies and conflict resolution techniques
- Trail Counselor/Guide—Lead groups of teens on canoeing, rock climbing and/or backpacking trips
- Camp Lead—(Trail Department Manager, Office Manager, Equipment Room Manager)
- Camp Kitchen Staff
- Camp Maintenance Staff
If you are interested in joining a committed group of people and having a positive impact on the lives of young people, then contact Emily Ten Eyck.
Applications are accepted online on a rolling basis. Priority application deadline is January 3rd. Search "Camping" in "Grand Marais". We begin reviewing applications in December for the following summer.
Boy and Girls Outdoor Leadership Development Program (BOLD & GOLD) Wilderness Intern
Camp Menogyn's BOLD & GOLD program hires 16- to 18-year-old Wilderness Interns. The Internship program offers young leaders the opportunity to develop their wilderness, leadership, interpersonal and intercultural skills. Interns will participate in a training session where they will receive group management, experiential education and wilderness skills instruction. Following their training trip, Interns will co-guide a 6-day canoe trip, followed by a 13-day canoe trip. Preference is given to BOLD & GOLD graduates but all are welcome to apply. Individuals interested in applying for this position need to complete an online application. Summer 2020 dates: July 5 - July 31.
Applications must be received by March 15th.
Please email Emily Ten Eyck, Summer Program Director for more information and application materials.