Enjoy a time of solitude at Camp Northern Lights, or relax with family, friends or a significant other—it’s entirely up to you. We offer a beautiful natural setting with plenty to do in the north woods. Enjoy vibrant colors and active wildlife in the fall, bright sun and fresh snow in the winter, and colorful buds in the spring.
Cabins are available to reserve for personal or group use during fall, winter and spring. Bungalows can be reserved in late spring and early fall. Tent sites can be reserved in late May and early September.
Canoes, kayaks, and rowboats are available for paddling in the fall and spring.
Registration for all 2022-2023 Book Your Own Getaway Reservations will open on 6/7/2022.
Book a cabin for the weekend and enjoy these themed events taking place at camp throughout the year.
You are responsible for your meals during your visit to Camp Northern Lights. There are restaurants and grocery stores in nearby Babbitt and Ely, MN. Plan on bringing food and beverages for your stay:
- Full-facility cabins include full kitchens and bathrooms.
- Bungalows include a refrigerator, microwave, picnic table, charcoal grill and access to a shared fire ring.
- Tent sites include picnic table, food-storage container, fire ring and access to shared refrigeration.
- Camp Map
Save 50% Monday through Thursday nights. Discount Excludes: weddings, holidays and Family Camp Weekends. Only one discount applied per reservation.
In the event that your plans change prior to camp we are available to assist you. Requests must be in writing and can be submitted online.
Fall, Winter & Spring Cancellations
- For cancelations made more than 1 month before the reservation start date, $50 of the fee is non-refundable per cabin/site.
- If you cancel within one month of your reserved date, you will be charged the total fee.
No dogs are allowed at Summer Family Camp—house-trained dogs are welcome September to May in cabins Cygnus, Callisto, Lyra, Karhu, Virta, Pegasus, and Cassiopeia. The fee to bring a dog is $25 per day.
If you plan to bring your dog along to camp, please follow these rules. If cleaning needs are excessive you might be charged additional cleaning fees.
- Let us know in advance you plan to bring your dog(s)
- Know that some cabins/sites are designated as dog-free
- Ensure your dog has a current rabies vaccination
- Make sure your dog wears a collar and ID tags
- Leash your dog
- Pick up after your dog, secure waste in a bag and put in the trash
- Know you are responsible for any damage your dog causes
- Leave your dog unattended unless kenneled
- Allow dogs on beds or furniture
- Let your dog dig in sand or soil
Service dogs are welcome at camp at any time of year, free of charge. Email us at CampNorthernLights.Info@ymcanorth.org if you are planning on bringing your service dog to camp with you. Service dogs must be leashed and under control at all times.