Our family programs offer age-specific programming in the mornings and all family programs in the evenings and afternoons. Whether you're looking for water activities, hiking or total relaxation, we have something for you.
2022 Session Dates
Full-week sessions run Sunday to Saturday
- Session 1: June 12 – 18
- Session 4: June 26 – July 2
- Session 5: July 3 – 9
- Session 6: July 10 – 16
- Session 9: July 24 – 30
- Session 10: July 31 – August 6 (S.T.E.P.S. Session) Learn more
- Session 11: August 7 – 13
- Session 14: August 21 – 27 (S.T.E.P.S. Session) Learn more
- Session 2: June 19 – 22 (Sunday – Wednesday) Military Veteran Family Camp
- Session 3: June 23 – 26 (Thursday – Sunday) S.T.E.P.S. LGBTQ+ Session – Learn more
- Session 7: July 17 – 20 (Sunday – Wednesday)
- Session 8: July 21 – 24 (Thursday – Sunday) S.T.E.P.S. Session – Learn more
- Session 12: August 14 - 17 (Sunday – Wednesday)
- Session 13: August 18 – 21 (Thursday – Sunday)
- Session 15: August 28 – 31 (Sunday – Wednesday)
- Labor Day Weekend: September 2 – 5 (visit our Themed Weekends page for more information)
Prepare for camp
Prepare for camp by reviewing our Family Camp Handbook.
Schedules and activities
Preview the fun your family will have by checking out sample schedules and activities that await at Camp Northern Lights.
Good news campers! We may not have a dining hall (yet), but we have other options! Enjoy lunch or dinner from our food providers. No meal planning, cooking, or clean up required!
View your options
Otherwise, you are responsible for your meals during your visit to Camp Northern Lights. There are restaurant and grocery store options in nearby Babbitt and Ely. Plan on bringing food and beverages for your stay:
- Full-facility cabins include full kitchens and bathrooms.
- Bungalows include a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, picnic table, charcoal grill and access to a shared fire ring. Within two weeks of your session start date, if there are meal reservation openings, Bungalow campers can sign up for meals. More info.
- Tent and RV sites include picnic table, food-storage container, fire ring and access to shared refrigeration. We will be offering limited lunch and dinner meal plans for tent site campers. Click here for more information
- Camp Map
Everything you need for a successful trip to camp.
Leadership Development Program
Teens entering grades 9-12 will learn about leadership through training and helping camp counselors facilitate programs. Applications are due Friday, January 7, 2022. Cost is $600 for a two-week session (transportation provided for an additional $40). Applicants will be informed by Friday, February 4, 2022. Learn more and apply.
Deposits and Payments
All Lottery and Open Registration reservations require a 10% deposit payment at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be billed in four monthly installments on February 15, March 15, April 15 and May 15.
Deposits are non-refundable. Cancelations must be done in writing and are due by 5/15/22 or full payment is required.
*If you are cancelling due to health or covid concerns, please reach out to customer service and they will work with Camp Leadership.
For questions or inquiries regarding cancellations or changes, please contact Customer Service.