Seasoned Northern Lights campers can apply to be a Resource Family. Resource Families assist campers and staff throughout the session with a variety of activities, including the Little & Big Dipper Swim, and Adult Age-Groups. Applications are due Friday, December 2, 2022.The cost to be a Resource Family is $150 and is a week long session (Camp Northern Lights covers the cost of lodging, but each family is responsible for providing their own food). Applicants will be informed by Friday, December 9, 2022. Resource Families stay in Haukka, a full facility cabin located in Buena Vista Village.
Applications for 2023 are now open.
2023 Resource Family Session Dates
- June 11 – 17
- June 18 – 25
- June 25 – July 1 (S.T.E.P.S. Session) Learn more
- July 2 – 8
- July 9 – 15
- July 16 – 23 (S.T.E.P.S Session) Learn more
- July 23 – 29
- July 30 – August 5 (LGBTQ+ S.T.E.P.S Session) Learn more
- August 6 – 12
- August 13 – 19
- August 20 – 26
- August 27 – 30
- September 1 – 4 Labor Day Weekend
Leadership Development Program
Teens entering grades 9-12 will learn about leadership through training and helping camp counselors facilitate programs. Applications are due Friday, November 25th, 2022. Cost is $600 for a two-week session (transportation provided for an additional $40). Applicants will be informed by Friday, December 2nd, 2022.
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
2023 Leadership Development Session Dates
- Session 1: June 11 - 25
- Session 2: June 25 - July 9
- Session 3: July 9 - 23
- Session 4: July 23 – August 6 (S.T.E.P.S. Session) Learn more
- Session 5: August 6 - 20
Registration Process & Tiered Pricing NEW!!
With a continued focus on equity, we are excited to launch a tiered pricing system for 2023 Leadership Development Program registration.
In years past, we have been able to offset the cost of running this vital program at a 50% discount thanks to our community of generous donors. The actual cost of the L.D.P. Program, including transportation, lodging, meals and staffing is approximately $1,200 per person.
The registration tier you select will directly support the continued operation of this program. There are a range of pricing levels intended to support each family’s financial situation. This means you can choose from a range of tiers and opt in to pay the amount that suits your family best.
- Tier 1 – $300
- Tier 2 – $600
- Tier 3 - $900
- Tier 4 – $1,200
Tentative Transportation Schedule
Sunday going to camp:
- Participants should arrive at the White Bear Lake YMCA (2100 Orchard Ln, White Bear Lake, MN 55110) no later than 7:30 a.m.
- The bus will depart White Bear Lake at 7:45 a.m. and they will arrive at camp between 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Sunday leaving camp:
- The participants will depart after lunch, this is generally around 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
- The bus will arrive back at the White Bear Lake YMCA at approximately 5:30 - 6:00 p.m.
*There is a $40 transportation fee to ride the bus to/from camp for the LDP session that will be added to the participants' store account after their LDP session. You do not need to pay upfront or bring payment to the pick up site.*