Below you will find COVID-19 related protocol effective of June 2023. This may change depending on the current level of community spread and changing guidance.
(click to expand)
- Y of the North strongly recommends that all eligible campers are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their camp session. Vaccinated campers will be asked to upload their vaccine card to CampDoc in the Health Profile section under Immunizations.
- If your camper is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has had a known exposure within the ten days leading up to Camp, they must take a COVID test.
- It is recommended that all campers, regardless of vaccination status, take a COVID-19 test 1-3 days prior to their start date.
- Please contact Camp as soon as possible if you have a positive test result. We will work with families to review the circumstances and develop a response plan.
- Any camper who travels by airplane needs to wear a mask.
- We recommend campers wear masks on the bus.
- Rapid COVID-19 tests will be available in camp and on trail. If a camper develops COVID-like symptoms, testing for COVID-19 may be considered.
- In the case of a positive test, we will follow isolation guidance from the CDC, consult with our administrative team and advising physician, and take appropriate action. This may include early departure from camp or trail.
- Campers will be monitored for illness throughout their camp session.
- Hand washing is always encouraged.
- Trail groups are small by design and much of the experience takes place outdoors.
- Our general trail standards have been developed to minimize risks including the spread of infectious diseases.
- We reserve the right to implement additional measures if COVID-19 case counts rise during the summer.
Minnesota Department of Health COVID 19 Homepage