For Campers Entering Grades 7–12
Whether hiking on Border Route Trail, on Isle Royale in Lake Superior, or out West in the Rocky Mountains, Menogyn backpacking is an excellent way for teens of all skill levels to experience the wonders of wild places!
Backpacking campers can expect to:
- Hike through spectacular landscapes in northern Minnesota, Michigan or in the Rocky Mountains of the West.
- Live and travel in a small community of 4-6 other campers
- Travel an average of 6-10 miles a day
- Develop wilderness skills like paddling, portaging, navigation, and campcraft
- Learn about low-impact wilderness travel
- Build connections and friendships with other campers
- Challenge themselves under the supervision of our highly trained guides
Intro to Backpacking: Border Route Trail
Entering Grades 7-8
This is a great opportunity for younger campers to experience the Menogyn Magic for the first time. Campers will spend one night at Menogyn and will then enjoy a 2 or 3 night small group backpacking trip on the beautiful Border Route Trail. Everyone will have fun learning how to hike and set up camp.
6-day Sessions - $695
June 28 - July 3
Longer Border Route Trail Adventure
Entering Grades 8-10
13-day Session - $1,505
Isle Royale Backpack
Entering Grades 8-10
After a 90 minute ferry ride from Grand Portage to Isle Royale National Park, campers enjoy 10 days backpacking established trails and staying in designated campsites. This trip offers breathe-taking views of Lake Superior as well as moose and fox sightings. This is a challenging trip. Previous wilderness experience is recommended. Please contact us if you'd like more information.
13-day Sessions - $1,875
June 28 - July 10
July 26 - August 7
Entering Grades 8-12
Campers hike deep into Rocky Mountain wilderness areas of Montana and Idaho to explore spectacular mixed alpine terrain at elevations up to 11,000 feet. Campers enjoy classic Rocky Mountain beauty while strengthening their mountain backpacking skills. Previous wilderness experience is required.
Entering grades 10-12 | 20-day Sessions - $2,885
July 26 - August 14