We believe everyone should have the opportunity to experience family camp, regardless of income or circumstance. Scholarships are available for qualified campers and can be applied for by following the steps below. We also offer monthly payment options for qualifying families.
If you prefer to submit a paper application, you can download the form and submit it to the Customer Service Center.
The initial application considers your annual income and the number of adults and dependents in your household. Scholarships are awarded to align with your individual circumstances. This initial application applies to all YMCA programming including Camps. You will receive an email notification from the YMCA Customer Service Center indicating the initial scholarship amount available to you.
Northern Lights-Specific, Secondary Application
If the initial scholarship award does not meet your family needs, we encourage you to initiate the second part of our Scholarship process.
Secondary application process:
- Reply to the award notification email with a request for an “exception.” Please write your interest is specifically for Camp Northern Lights.
- You will then receive an email asking for an explanation as to why you need additional assistance.
- Respond to this email. In it you will need to answer the following questions:
- Are there any additional circumstances that we should be aware of and take into consideration? Please include any unusual financial hardships or changes that may have happened over the last two years.
- If applicable; please share why your family wants to attend camp.
- Your information will be reviewed in confidence by camp leadership. You will receive communication directly from camp within 7 days of of your secondary application
We recognize that the cost of Family Camp session can stretch the financial resources of many families. The Northern Lights Staff Team and Community Board raise funds annually to ensure that these powerful experiences are accessible to all interested families.
If you have any specific questions regarding this process please contact:
- Dan O’Brien / Camp Northern Lights / firstname.lastname@example.org
In the operation of the Summer Camp Food Service Program, no child, as defined by the Program regulations, will be discriminated against because of race, sex, color, national origin, age or handicap. Any person who believes that a child has been discriminated against in any USDA-related activity should write immediately to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington D.C. 20250.