The The YMCA of the North—UnitedHealth Group Equity Innovation Center, developed a human-centered design process to help organizations be more welcoming and explicit about their business commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion. In order to create an inclusive organization, we need culturally competent leaders who are committed to making your organization equitable and inclusive and where all people have the opportunity to thrive, belong and contribute. By participating in the Equity Leadership Institute, you will be challenged to reassess your mental models and engage in transformative learning experiences.
Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Assessment
The Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) session is the premier cross-cultural assessment that is used for identifying an individual’s intercultural competence. The IDI assessment is completed online. Participants will receive their results along with a one-hour, one-on-one feedback conversation
with a certified IDI consultant
Expected outcomes: Gain more self-awareness and identification of acting worldview
Understanding the IDI
An experiential learning session that engages participants in a deeper understanding of the IDI
- Increase self-awareness about bias, the role it plays in how we experience the world and how it manifests in oppression of marginalized identities.
- Understand different types of bias and how they might influence how individuals process interactions.
- Explore ways that unconscious bias can be made conscious
Diversity and Culture
Participants will develop a deeper self-awareness of personal dimensions of diversity and culture and what influences those dimensions when responding to differences that transcend their norms.
Expected outcomes: Engage in diversity, equity and global realities
Equity Innovation Experience
A multi-station experience built by the Science Museum of Minnesota that serves as a catalyst to engage the mind on equity, diversity, inclusion and global realities.
Expected outcomes: Increase knowledge and skills in equity and inclusion
*This session is anticipated to be in person at the Equity Innovation Center from 9 a.m. – Noon
Equity Leadership Institute is $600* (NEW price as of January 11)
Attendees will also receive:
- A free one-week pass to the Douglas Dayton YMCA at Gaviidae in downtown Minneapolis.
- Additional learning materials after each session they can use to work with staff.
* Members of the Minneapolis Downtown Council receive a $100 discount.