The YMCA of the North’s UnitedHealth Group Equity Leadership Institute provides the necessary experiences and skills for increasing awareness, empathy and understanding for interacting in diverse settings and communities. Its focus on personal transformation in the development of cultural agility.
- Developing Cultural Agility
- Understanding Diversity & Identity
- Understanding Diversity & Cultural Norms
- Implicit Bias & Microaggressions
- Understanding Culture, History & Race
Participants will be able to…
- Relate self-awareness to intercultural relationships
- Apply strategies to create a positive environment that supports equity and inclusion
- Use effective communications among diverse populations
- Develop intercultural competencies related to age, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation
Dates & Times:
- Wednesday, April 21: 9 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 28: 9 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 5: 9 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 12: 9 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 19: 9 – 11:30 a.m.
Fee - $450
Attendees will receive learning materials and a 5 day membership pass to any Y fitness and wellbeing center in the YMCA of the North.