Through these challenging times, the YMCA continues to meet the critical needs of youth and families in many dynamic ways. Youth and Family Services is focused on meeting basic needs and providing safety, education, employment and housing support to those in our community who need the Y most right now.
You can help by providing a donation to help meet the immediate needs of a young person or family in your community. Your support is able to have the greatest impact through one of the following ways:
Your financial contribution allows us to nimbly respond to an individual’s most urgent needs, as well as leverage our partners to obtain items in large quantities at the best possible value.
Go to www.ymcamn.org/give
- Select your donation amount
- Go to Designation, scroll down and select “Youth and Family Services”.
- If you would like your gift to support a specific need, please add a comment in the “Leave a Comment” section (i.e. Please designate "for youth rent to prevent eviction”)
Your support meets immediate needs such as:
- $50 gives a young person in transitional housing the ability to have clean clothes for one month
- $75 ensures youth stay in contact with their YMCA Life Coach by paying their cell phone bill for one month
- $100 gives youth experiencing homelessness a night in a safe hotel when all of the shelters are full
- $250 gives a new mother a crib, bedding, diapers and wipes as she nurtures her newborn
- $500 provides a family of four with food and basic needs for one month
- $1,000 gives a young adult rent for one month to prevent eviction
- $2,500 provides tuition for a young parent to complete their certification and move on a career pathway to self-sufficiency
Electronic gift cards go directly to individuals to meet immediate needs so they are best in smaller denominations between $10 to $25. E-gift cards can be sent electronically to Administrative Specialist Raeann Flood at email@example.com.
Get involved with our Community Board to help fulfill our mission. Learn more by contacting Executive Director Lisa Pung Michaelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Us
To learn more about volunteering and join our mailing list, please contact Administrative Specialist Raeann Flood at email@example.com to be added to a list for future volunteer activities and communication.
THANK YOU for joining us in fulfilling the YMCA’s mission.
To learn about how you are helping Youth and Family Services make an impact, see the 2021 Review which captures some of the ways your donation directly impacted the individuals receiving support and services in Youth and Family Services programs.