SWEET & SAVORY ENERGY BITES
By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
Makes 16 balls
- 1 cup old fashioned (regular) oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes with no added sugar
- 1/2 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll into golf ball-sized balls, about two tablespoons each. These taste even better the next day, after the flavors blend.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week. Make in batches and freeze for months.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.