By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
Use a slow cooker to make this hearty cool weather meal. It is chockful of flavor, healthy fiber and beneficial spices.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 14.5-ounce cans Great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 4.5-ounce can diced green chilis
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Optional garnishes: diced avocado, finely diced, seeded jalapeño pepper, chopped cilantro, Mexican (or other) cheese shreds, Greek yogurt, tortilla chips
- Mash two cans of beans with a potato masher or blender.
- Place diced chicken breast in bottom of slow cooker, add remaining ingredients and mix ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with garnishes of choice.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.