For your convenience, the Y has created an Online Reservation System that enables Online Reservations for the Lap Pool, Leisure Pool, Group Exercise and Water Exercise classes. Due to physical distancing and limited capacity requirements, members will need to reserve their spot. Walk-ins will only be available if the class is NOT at maximum attendance. Reservations will still be required upon arrival. Reservations can be made 72 hours in advance.
Please note: Reservations are for members only. All participants must adhere to the reservation policy or they will be asked to leave the program requiring reservations. All code of conduct expectations apply.
Not a member yet? Learn more about membership options
To make reservations for open/recreational swim, lap swim or other swim reservations, please select your location labeled “SWIM.”
- Reservations will open 72 hours ahead of time.
- Reservations will close 30 minutes before the reservation time begins on the app/on-line but can still be made at the Member Service Desk.
- One lap swimmer per lane per time slot, except at our Hudson location 2 swimmers per lane is permitted.
- Lanes will be cleared at the end of reservations time slots by blowing the whistle. When the lifeguard is ready to lifeguard at the start of the session they will blow the whistle again.
- After 5 minutes into the session if nobody is present the reservation is forfeited and anyone waiting can use that space on a first come first serve basis.
- Open/Recreation swim. Families must reserve a spot for every swimmer that will be in the pool.
- The timeslots have the same start and end time for all pools in the aquatic area.
- Your workout sessions begin at the start of the reservation of the hour and is 30-60 minutes in length based on pool schedules.
- You must exit the pool when the lifeguard indicates the time slot has ended.
- Equipment is available.
- Reservations are required. If you do not make a reservation, you will still be permitted to swim laps as long as there is space available after reservation start time. You will need to wait for a spot by remaining by a number on the pool deck. Everyone must exit the pool when that time slot is over no matter when there was space to enter the pool. At the start of the next reservation the line will begin again for the non-reserved lane in a first come first serve basis. Swimmers would need to get in line again and wait for their turn holding a wildcard.
- Hot tub will be drop in only – no reservations. Hot tub will be cleared when the pool is cleared at the end of a reservation time slot.
- Vortex pools require a reservation.
- The outdoor pool at Shoreview and the water features at White Bear Lake require reservations.
- Water slides are open limited hours, see schedules for hours and require open swim reservations.
- Reservations are required for all Water Exercise Classes. If you do not make a reservation prior to arriving to the YMCA, you can make a reservation at the front desk up to scheduled class start time.
- Water Exercise Class reservations can be made online up to 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time and no more than 72 hours in advance.
Reservations are required for group exercise classes. If you do not make a reservation prior to arriving to the YMCA, you can make a reservation at the front desk up to scheduled class start time.
- Reservations are required for each class.
- Face coverings must be worn by all persons in the classes at all times in Minneapolis and St. Paul programs and locations.
- Registration is not required for Group Exercise Classes at the Hudson Y.
- Racquetball courts are available at select YMCA locations.
- Members may reserve racquetball courts ahead of time online, by phone, or in person at member services.
- If courts are not reserved, they are open on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance in 30-minute increments for up to a total of 2 hours per day.
- Courts that are not claimed by reservations within 10 minutes of the reservation start time are forfeited and someone else may claim the court.
Reserve a spot on the racquetball court at the following locations:
Walk-ins will be allowed if space is available.
Reservations are required for each group (Minnesota locations only). If you do not make a reservation prior to arriving to the YMCA, you can make a reservation at the front desk up to scheduled class start time.
- Reservations are required for each group.
- Reservations may be made on the website, through the YMCA App, at your local YMCA, or by phone.
- Reservations may be made no more than 72 hours in advance.
- Members registered to participate should arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of group, or the spot may be given to another participant.