From a skate park to free weights, we offer a wide range of fitness and recreational opportunities.
Don’t see what you’re looking for at Southdale? Check out our complete list of amenities at all Y locations, or download our comparison grid to find a branch Y that meets your needs.
Health and Fitness
- Lap pool: Has depths ranging from 3 feet, 6 inches to 10 feet, 6 inches and is 25 yards long. During lap swim, there are up to 6 lanes open.
- Sauna: Access from the pool deck.
- Steam room: Access from the pool deck.
- Vortex pool: An oval-shaped track filled with 3 feet, 6 inches of water that creates a current with jets—ideal for walking.
- Zero-entry, warm-water leisure pool: A swimming pool that’s like the beach—the edge gradually slopes from the deck into the water. The pool is 5 feet at its deepest and 25 yards long.
- Basketball court
- Kids gym
Youth and Teen
- Kids Stuff Free Drop-off Child Care
- Skate park
- Climbing wall
- Family locker room
- Youth locker rooms (boys 10+, girls 10+, mothers/children)
- Adult locker rooms
- Sauna (in locker rooms)
- Steam rooms (in locker rooms)
- Personal training
- BodyGem Metabolic Assessments
- Free wireless internet in lobby
The Y considers the individual needs of every person and the ability of the program to meet those needs. Please inform the Y during the enrollment process if you or a family member requires any special accommodation. This information enables the Y to better meet your needs or those of a family member, within available resources and to the extent reasonable. All staff that will be working with you or a family member with special needs will be informed of how to care for or meet those needs.