At the YMCA, volunteers are making an impact in the lives of other human beings every day! Your selfless act of volunteering could single-handedly change the course of someone’s life. It might be as small as checking someone in at the front desk or as big as mentoring a child until they graduate.
The YMCA provides a variety of opportunities to volunteer with our community to align with causes you care most about. Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Mentoring: Mentors can play a very large role in the lives of many youth. By becoming a mentor, you will provide encouragement and guidance to a youth ages 6-17, through a supportive relationship with your mentee. The mentor is a dependable, consistent friend who is a nurturer of possibilities. The mentor and mentee will meet for one hour, twice a month during the school year over the student’s lunch period. Mentors are matched with youth of similar backgrounds and interests.
- Kids Stuff: If you love activity, arts and crafts and want to feel like a kid again, become a Kids Stuff volunteer! Kids Stuff is a drop-off childcare program for members while they work out, with great activities that develop spirit, mind and body for kids. As a Kids Stuff volunteer, you will help YMCA team members with programs, interact with kids and help to ensure a positive and nurturing environment.
- Sports: The YMCA offers youth the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports programs that emphasize inclusivity, build character and teach life lessons. As a sports volunteer, you will support and assist the sports directors, sports coaches and youth participants in classes, leagues and programs.
- Afterschool Enrichment: Studies show youth who participate in structured activities outside of school are less likely to engage in risky behaviors. The YMCA provides a safe space for youth that is flexible, engaging and accessible. As an afterschool volunteer, you will assist YMCA staff to provide youth with a positive experience and enrich the lives they lead by helping with everyday activities.
- Custodial: As a custodial volunteer, you will help our staff interact with members and provide a safe and clean facility for all. You will assist our custodial team with cleanliness of our fitness center and other program areas, while creating a positive environment of friendliness.
- Member Services: Be the first face a member sees when walking into a YMCA. As a member services volunteer, you will help YMCA service and sales teams provide excellent service to all Y members, guests and program participants. If you know what great customer service looks and feels like, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
- Healthcare Professional: A healthcare professional volunteer is the ideal opportunity for those with a passion for healthy living and serving others. As a volunteer, you will be responsible for providing medical care of ill or injured campers and staff and related administrative duties as an EMT, nurse, physician assistant or doctor. This includes providing excellent customer service in a safe, enjoyable and positive atmosphere that promotes program participant safety and satisfaction in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Fitness Floor Aide: A fitness floor volunteer is someone with a passion for physical fitness and youth development. As a fitness floor volunteer, you will invigorate and encourage youth to embody healthy lifestyles through physical fitness practices. You will learn to optimize the fitness floor equipment, teach targeted and proper form, and safeguard equipment guidelines. You will aid in creating safe environments for active youth and encouraging the longevity of strong healthy communities.
- Member Services Translator: The YMCA strives to eliminate barriers to ensure everyone in our community thrives. As a translator volunteer, you will assist communication between YMCA staff and customers if a language barrier exists. This position will operate primarily at the front desk, but may be asked to assist staff in translating throughout the building as needed.
For access to these opportunities, please click the button below and select “Volunteer” from the dropdown list of categories. If these opportunities aren’t a great match, please check back with us this summer as we hope to safely provide more ways to connect for all.
Choose "Volunteer" from the list of categories to see current options
Or contact us to learn more or ask questions.