The Y’s mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
To achieve this mission, we strive to:
- Be community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- Bring people together, connecting people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- Nurture potential, because everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- Maintain a local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
- Caring: To love others and be sensitive to the well-being of others involved in all YMCA programs
- Equity: The ability to see and remove structural barriers in systems and people to create equal opportunity for all to thrive.
- Honesty: To have integrity, making sure that one’s actions match one’s values in all we do
- Respect: To value the worth of every person, including members, nonmembers, staff, volunteers, parents and oneself
- Responsibility: To be accountable for one’s behavior and obligations
Areas of Impact
To bring about meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus:
- Youth Development—nurturing the potential of every child and teen
- Healthy Living—improving the nation’s health and wellbeing
- Social Responsibility—giving back and providing support to our neighbors
The Y is committed providing equal access to its programs, facilities, and enjoyment without regard to race, ability, creed, national origin and sex. We celebrate the presence of differences that make each person unique. We intentionally engage and develop all members of the Y community. And we strive to connect and serve populations at home and around the world.
The Y will make reasonable accommodations whenever possible to meet special needs. Please inform us during the enrollment process if you or a family member requires any special accommodation.