Safety Training for Swim Team Coaches Skills Session
This course helps to fulfill the Coaches Safety Education requirement for USA Swimming and Y USA—the certification is valid for two years. Upon completing the online content via the Red Cross website, coaches are required to complete an in-water skills verification session.
Coaches will demonstrate rescues and assists as well as responding to injured swimmers in and out of the water.
Safety Training for Swim Coaches course is not intended to train an individual to become a lifeguard.
- Be at least 15 years of age by the end of the course
- Comfortable in chest-deep water
- Completed the online Safety Training for Swim Team Coaches training via the American Red Cross Website.
- Varies (Approximately 1-3 Hours)
- Course times may vary to include breaks