Before beginning registration, please gather the following:
- Credit Card – You will need to pay a deposit via credit card. If other accommodations need to be made, please contact your Delegation Director.
- Financial Assistance – This should be done prior to completing the online registration steps below.
- Delegation Name – The YMCA or school that your student is a participant with.
- Student's Email – This should not be a school email, as many schools block or slow down emails to students from outside sources. The State Office only communicates with students about YIG-related matters. Student email addresses are never shared outside the YMCA.
A note on Financial Assistance
Center for Youth Voice programs are for everyone who wants the experience, the learning, and the fun of participating. If you are committed to Model United Nations, we are committed to get you there!
Delegates who wish to apply for Financial Assistance must submit the Financial Assistance Application and all requested materials prior to registering below in order to be eligible for an award. Even if they have received Financial Assistance in the past, all delegates and their families should reapply, even if they have received Financial Assistance in the past, as the award amount may differ due to change in circumstance.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
Step 1 – Complete your individual sign up
Important Notes for signing up online:
- You will need a credit card for down payment. .
- You will need Healthcare information
- If you are unable to provide any of the above information, please contact your delegation director for further registration possibilities.
- Your registration is not complete until all three steps listed here are completed.
If you have any issues or questions in this stage, please reach out to the Customer Service Center
Step 2 – View this year's member states (countries) and pick a Youth Ambassador
Together with the other delegates in your country group, check out the country lists to decide who you want to represent this year. You will need your top ten choices for Step 3. Also, you must identify one member of your country group to be the "Youth Ambassador," who has no extra responsibilities other than being the delegate that conference organizers communicate with, if necessary.
Please note that only certain member states are available for certain group sizes and that some states have obligations in the Organs, indicated by an "X" in the respective column for that country. Country availability is updated in real-time on the links below; if there is a delegation written next to a member state, it has already been assigned and is no longer available.
2023 Member States for Mondale GA (Grades 9-12)
2023 Member States for Anderson GA (Grades 7-8)
Step 3 – Complete your country group sign up
The Youth Ambassador will complete the appropriate Google Form linked below to finish your group's registration. Your group will not be granted an assignment until all members have completed Step 1 listed above.
UND-1 Google Form (Grades 9-12)
UND-2 Google Form (Grades 7-8)
Payment Schedule, Refund, and Cancellation policy
The total program fee (not including any local delegation fees) for YMCA Model United Nations 2023 is $389. The payment schedule for the program is as follows:
- Deposit: $100, due at Registration
- Payment #1: $144.50, due on 2/28
- Payment #2: $144.50, due on 3/21
If you register online and pay with a credit/debit card, these payments will be automatically withdrawn from the same card. You may also pay in full at the time of registration, if preferred.
If you apply for and qualify for Financial Assistance, your award amount will be automatically applied and this payment schedule may be modified/reduced.
Except in cases of extenuating circumstances which are determined on a case-by-case basis, the refund policy for YMCA Model United Nations is as follows:
- The registration deposit ($100) is not ever refundable.
- As each payment deadline passes, the fees due are no longer refundable.
- Cancellations must be in writing and are submitted to the local Delegation Director, not the State Office.
- If a delegate has a significant discipline issue or other violation of the Code of Conduct during the conference, the Center for Youth Voice reserves the right to dismiss the delegate, without refund, for the remainder of the session.