The CYV staff are happy to help guide you through the process if you have questions on how to register. Model UN registration is done by delegation, with several groups within a delegation being possible.
Model UN Registration will be opening the week of December 13.
Please note: You are not eligible for country selection until all members of your country group have completed Steps 1-3 as outlined below.
Step 1 – Complete your individual sign up
Important Notes for signing up online:
- You will need a credit card for down payment. Please check the calendar for the payment schedule.
- You will need Healthcare information
- If you are unable to provide any of the above information, please contact your delegation director for further registration possibilities.
- Your registration is not complete until all three steps listed here are completed.
If you have any issues or questions in this stage, please reach out to the Customer Service Center
- Call a Service Representative at (612) 230-9622 | Hours are: M-F: 7am-5:00pm
Step 2 – View this year's member states (countries) and pick a Youth Ambassador
Together with the other delegates in your country group, check out the country lists to decide who you want to represent this year. You will need your top ten choices for Step 3. Also, you must identify one member of your country group to be the "Youth Ambassador," who has no extra responsibilities other than being the delegate that conference organizers communicate with, if necessary.
Please note that only certain member states are available for certain group sizes and that some states have obligations in the Organs, indicated by an "X" in the respective column for that country. Country availability is updated in real-time on the links below; if there is a delegation written next to a member state, it has already been assigned and is no longer available.
2022 Member States for Mondale GA (Grades 9-12) COMING SOON
2022 Member States for Anderson GA (Grades 7-8) COMING SOON
Step 3 – Complete your country group sign up
The Youth Ambassador will complete the appropriate Google Form linked below to finish your group's registration. Your group will not be granted an assignment until all members have completed Step 1 listed above.
UND-1 Google Form (Grades 9-12) COMING SOON
UND-2 Google Form (Grades 7-8) COMING SOON
Delegates who wish to apply for a scholarship must submit the Scholarship Application and all requested materials to be eligible for an award. If the delegate received financial assistance for Youth in Government 2022 and there has been no change to their situation, they should simply notify their Delegation Director. The State Office is able to use that documentation to make the Model UN financial award.
Refund and cancellation policy
Except in case of extenuating circumstances that are determined on a case-by-case basis, the refund policy for Youth in Government is as follows:
- The registration deposit ($100) is never refundable.
- After the first payment deadline (third Tuesday in February), the registration deposit plus the first half of remaining fees ($100 + $145) made are no longer refundable.
- After the second payment deadline (third Tuesday in March), no fees are refundable.
- Cancellations must be in writing and are submitted to the local Delegation Director, not the State Office.
- If a delegate has a significant discipline issue or violation of the Code of Conduct, we reserve the right to dismiss the delegate, without refund, for the remainder of the session.
Adult Advisor or College Student Registration
Delegation Directors, Program Specialists, and all adult volunteers can begin their registration here.
ALL adults, including Delegation Directors, Program Specialists, college students, and volunteers MUST complete both the Personify online registration process and the Mandatory Background Check section below.
MANDATORY Background Checks
In accordance with the policies of the YMCA of the North, we need to process background checks on ALL volunteers regardless of their standing or occupation in order to protect the YOTN. Please complete your background check ASAP.
Once you have submitted and competed all steps, your application will be in the hands of the Brittany Wilson at the CYV State Office. She will process your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Brittany at email@example.com