Program Area Guides
If you missed LAUNCH or you want more clarification about what your role will be at the conference, check out the guide below for your program area:
- Leadership Corps
- Courts - Appellate (Supreme Court and Court of Appeals)
- Courts - Trial (Trial Court and District Court)
- National Issues Forum
COVID Testing Before the Conference
Please view our COVID Protocol page to see all necessary details.
We ask that all delegates avoid all unnecessary travel and gatherings during the 10 days leading up to the start of a conference. All delegates will be required to take a COVID test within 3 days (72 hours) of the start of a conference. Results must be uploaded using our online test submission portal prior to the start of the event.
- Between testing and arriving at the conference, we strongly recommend a quarantine period defined as:
- Avoid all non-essential travel and gatherings, included but not limited to restaurants, social gatherings, etc.
- Wear masks in groups and indoor spaces outside of home environment.
- Physically distance in groups outside of your home environment.
- Remain aware of risk factors associated with COVID transmission.
- Practice immunity-boosting measures: rest, vitamins, healthy diet, etc.
- Our conference staff and volunteers will follow the same pre-arrival practice listed above.
YMCA of the North highly encourages molecular PCR tests; however it will accept a home-administered test that includes identifying information. Here are some links to COVID tests in Minnesota:
How to submit your COVID test results
- Navigate to the YMCA's online test submission portal on your desktop or mobile device
- Enter the requested information for the participant (name, email, phone, test type, results, etc.)
- Upload an image or an electronic copy of the official document with the participant's name and test results in it (this can be a picture of the negative test, screenshot, PDF, etc.)
- Be prepared to show test results to your local delegation director either before boarding shared transportation to the conference or in the lobby of the conference hotel when you arrive on your own.
Please contact us at YouthVoice@ymcanorth.org with any questions or requests for help.
Dress Code and Packing Suggestions
These guidelines are not exhaustive. Talk to your delegation director and/or review the Code of Conduct for more details.
What to Bring to the Conference
- Appropriate clothing (see below)
- Food (can bring coolers and snacks for room – especially breakfast foods)
- Money for meals and swag
- Meals average about $10 in the Skyway and at Suburban Avenue restaurants
- Swag is available; the cost of items range from a few dollars to $40-$50 for YIG sweatshirts, etc.
- Program materials (copies of written materials produced, research materials)
What Not to Bring/What Not to Do
- Large amounts of money
- Expensive jewelry, etc.
- TV-based video game systems
- Portable Speakers
- Delegates cannot drive their own cars
Examples of Appropriate Attire for Program Hours (Meetings and Assemblies)
- Collared dress shirt (including button-downs, blouses or polos)
- Sweaters, suit vests, suit coat, blazers, ties
- Dress pants (including khakis), dresses, skirts, belts, suspenders
- Dress shoes are required to be worn all day – flat shoes/low heels are good choices
Examples of Appropriate Casual Attire (Evening Activities, etc.)
- T-shirts, sweatshirts
- Jeans, corduroys, shorts
- Tennis shoes, sandals, most closed-toe footwear