Free for Members
- Level: All
- Kids age 10-14 may attend with a parent or guardian
- Teens age 15+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
- Also offered as 30 & 45 minute express class
A Typical Class
Simple, athletic movements and an adjustable step height enable you to determine the intensity that is just right for you. The workout is inspired by functional integrated exercises, circuit training, and sports drills to make you feel like an athlete in training. And the best part is you will HAVE A BLAST because all of the exercises are set to motivating, energetic music. Every Group Blast workout has 10 tracks, and each track has a specific training objective.
- Burns calories for a leaner body
- Improves strength through body weight conditioning work
- Raises overall fitness levels
- Improves bone density (helps ward off osteoporosis)
- Improves coordination
- Increases heart & lung capacity through a full-body cardio workout
Tips & Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you pointers.
- Arrive 5 minutes early so you have time to gather & set-up your equipment
- Start on a low step height
- Wear comfortable athletic shoes. Training-style shoes are recommended because there is a lot of lateral movement in Group Blast. While running shoes will work, they are designed for moving forward and do not offer as much support for side-to-side movements.
- For the first few times you do Group Blast, just concentrate on how to do the basic movements and learn some of the names of moves. While the arm movements each have an athletic purpose, they are all completely optional. Foot placement is most important, so focus on how your legs and feet move before thinking about the upper body.
- Bench & risers
- The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire & What to Bring
- Come to class dressed & ready to move your body
- Comfortable, functional clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Water, towel
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit. We recommend cross-trainers over running shoes, because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement you’ll be doing in class
- Water, towel