Free for members
- Level: Beginning/Intermediate
- Kids ages 10 – 14 may attend with a parent or guardian
- Teens age 15+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
A Typical Class
We begin with warm-ups using the step and then move to Free-style moves (not choreographed). The class ends with cool-down strength exercises or floor work.
- Strengthens the heart and lungs
- Burns calories
- Lowers total cholesterol
- Decreases stress
- Reduces the risk of some diseases
- Improves quality of life
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Focus on fun! Don’t worry about perfection – we’ve all been there!
- Lost in a move? Continue stepping or moving until you’re able to re-join the class
- Don’t give up. It usually takes a few classes before you start to feel comfortable and more at ease
- The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Wear loose-fitting, functional workout clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit
- Water, towel