A Typical Class
Class starts with warm-up exercises and stretches. Next is a series of movements all performed while standing. A chair is offered for support, stretching and relaxing exercises. Cool-down exercises end the class.
- Improves overall cardiovascular health
- Increases muscular endurance
- Increases upper body strength
- Increases metabolism
- Increases range of motion
- Increases your fun quotient
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up before stretching by walking or doing gentle movements
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Athletic shoes that provide adequate support and good traction to avoid slipping
- Water bottle