A Typical Class
During class, you will repeatedly move large muscles in your arms, legs and hips. We’ll begin with 5 minutes of warm-up movements and increase to a medium intensity (one where you should be able to carry on a conversation). After 30 minutes, we’ll switch to stretching exercises to cool down.
- Combined with a healthy diet, aerobic exercise helps you lose those extra pounds.
- Increased stamina
- Reduced fatigue
- Increased ability to ward off viral illnesses
- Strengthens your heart
- Keeps your arteries clear
- Boosts your mood
- Allows you to stay active and independent
- Increases longevity
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Stretch prior to class: Gently stretch all major muscles. Your instructor will demonstrate proper stretching techniques.
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, functional clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Proper aerobic shoes, comfortable fit
- Water bottle