STRONG by Zumba® is a revolutionary, high-intensity, full body workout where every single cardio and muscle-conditioning move is perfectly synced to original music. In each class you’ll burn calories while toning arms, legs, abs and glutes. Plyometric or explosive moves like high knees, burpees and jumping jacks are interchanges with isometric moves like lunges, squats, and kickboxing.
Free Group Classes for Members
- Level: All
- Kids ages 10-14 may attend with a parent or guardian
- Teens age 15+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
- See your doctor first and get clearance for cardio exercise
A Typical Class
A STRONG by Zumba® class is a demanding hour-long session that works your entire body. Plyometric or explosive moves like high knees, burpees and jumping jacks are interchanges with isometric moves like lunges, squats, and kickboxing.
- Improved flexibility
- Improved strength
- Greater endurance
- A sense of well-being
- Improved confidence
- Burns calories, promotes weight loss
- Increased energy
- Increases the fun quotient!
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers
- Prepare to sweat
No equipment necessary
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit, good stability
- Water & towel
Andover, Forest Lake, New Hope, Emma B. Howe, Elk River, White Bear, Lino Lakes, Burnsville, Shoreview and St. Paul Eastside
Members can find the days & times offered at each branch via the YMCA mobile app or on our Schedules page.