A Typical Class
Class starts with warm-up exercises and stretches. You’ll move to the music as your instructor leads the class through the next series of exercises. Cool-down exercises end the class.
- Increased muscular strength
- Increased range of movement
- Increased daily living skill
- Allows you to stay active and independent
- Increases your fun quotient
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up before stretching by walking or doing gentle movements
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, functional clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Athletic shoes that provide adequate support and good traction to avoid slipping
- Water bottle