Barre Fusion is a low impact strength workout that enhances your muscle tone, posture, flexibility and confidence in a class that blends ballet, dance, functional strength and mind-body inspired movement. These exercises are performed with precision and concentration for ultimate results, each of the movements can be modified to match your unique skill and strength levels.
Free Group Classes for Members
- Level: All –Barre fusion is free GEX, but there are still 2 branches offering fee-based “Barre” which is smaller ratios and instructors have attended more advanced trainings
- Kids ages 10-14 may attend with a parents or guardian
- Teens age 15+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
- See your doctor first and get clearance for cardio exercise
A Typical Class
A Barre Fusion class is a workout done at the ballet barre formatted to be heart pumping. This workout is designed to increase your cardiovascular strength while helping you to tone, sculpt, and lengthen your muscles from head to toe.
- Improved fitness level
- Improves flexibility
- Improves posture
- Reduces stress level
- Burns calories
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers
No equipment necessary
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- No shoes necessary
- Water & towel
Members can find the days & times offered at each branch via the YMCA mobile app or on our Schedules page.